This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 2:51 AM by Steven Davelaar RSS

groupLink parameters and SQL Server

Stephen J. Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Normally, when I create a groupLink item and add a parameter to it, the Name field on the parameter has a dropdown of default parameters accepted by the target form. In one of my projects this dropdown does not appear. The only major difference with this project (compared to my others) is that it uses a SQL Server database rather than an Oracle database. Is there some aspect of the groupLink parameters that relies on the oracle.jbo.domain data types? Or is there some other setting that would affect this?

JDev 11.1.1.4, JHS 11.1.1.4

Edit: OK, this seems to have fixed itself. Any thoughts on what could have caused it to happen?

Edited by: Stephen J. on Oct 18, 2012 7:50 AM
  • 1. Re: groupLink parameters and SQL Server
    Stephen J. Journeyer
    changing the point of this question: Is there an example of how to use the altKeyName<GroupName> parameter? Does it require custom coding to implement?
  • 2. Re: groupLink parameters and SQL Server
    Steven Davelaar Employee ACE
    Instead of looking up a row by its primary key value (say country code), you can also look it up by an alternate key (say country name).
    To do this, you need to define the Alternate key on the entity object (general tab), and then on the view object, also on the general tab.

In the Jheadstart altKeyName<GroupName> parameter you can then specify the name of this view object alt key. In the rowKeyValue parameter you then specify the value of the alternate key attribute (country name).

See also the source of SetCurrentRowBean class.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart Team.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points