This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 1:10 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Data Model Changes

969628 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Whenever we are doing an upgrade or adopt export / import process to migrate to R12 from 11.5.9, how does process handle the data model changes occurred in new release R12 compared to 11.5.9 ?
  • 1. Re: Data Model Changes
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    user13609218 wrote:
    Whenever we are doing an upgrade or adopt export / import process to migrate to R12 from 11.5.9, how does process handle the data model changes occurred in new release R12 compared to 11.5.9 ?
    Export/Import is not supported to upgrade from 11i to R12

The upgrade patch driver takes care of the changes of the data model when you upgrade from 11i to R12.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Data Model Changes
    969628 Newbie
    Thanks Hussein.

I understand that during the upgrade export / import process, but how about during migration during reimplementation of 11.5.9 to R12, how does the data model changes are taken care?
  • 3. Re: Data Model Changes
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    user13609218 wrote:
    Thanks Hussein.

I understand that during the upgrade export / import process, but how about during migration during reimplementation of 11.5.9 to R12, how does the data model changes are taken care?
    In the re-implementation, you will need to install a fresh R12 database, and the new model will be available as part of the installation.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points