This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 1:20 AM by 710129 RSS

3.2.1 xlsx data export

710129 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
When i export data from a table to xlsx format and then try and open the file it errs.
It errs in excel 2003 with convertor err and in 2007 with invalid character issues.

xls format seesm to work ok though

Paul
  • 1. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    JoyceScapicchio Journeyer
    I am not eable to reproduce this problem. Can you provide a reproducable case including the details of how the table is defined and the exact steps you are taking to do the export.
    Thanks,
    Joyce Scapicchio
    SQLDeveloper Team
  • 2. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    Joyce,

I am getting this on any table i try and export to .xlsx.
    The table definition:

--------------------------------------------------------
    -- DDL for Table CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPINGS

CREATE TABLE "MIGRATION"."CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPINGS" ("CALL_TYPE" VARCHAR2(20 CHAR), "FUSION_JOB_TYPE" VARCHAR2(100 CHAR), "FUSION_SLA" VARCHAR2(20 CHAR)) TABLESPACE "MIGDATA" ;
    -- DDL for Index CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPING_PK

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "MIGRATION"."CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPING_PK" ON "MIGRATION"."CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPINGS" ("CALL_TYPE") COMPUTE STATISTICS TABLESPACE "MIGIDX" ;
    -- Constraints for Table CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPINGS
    ALTER TABLE "MIGRATION"."CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPINGS" ADD CONSTRAINT "CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPING_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("CALL_TYPE") COMPUTE STATISTICS TABLESPACE "MIGIDX" ENABLE;

ALTER TABLE "MIGRATION"."CES_CALL_TYPE_SLA_MAPPINGS" MODIFY ("CALL_TYPE" NOT NULL ENABLE);

The table has 91 rows in.

I am accessing a DB version 10.2.0.4.0

To export i am opeing the connections sidebar, expanding the relevant connection, choosing the table, r/click --> export, untick Export DDL, keep Export data ticked, format is xlsx, i then navigate to where i want file saved.
    The export works but when i open in excel 2003 i get the following: 'The convertor failed to open the file'
  • 3. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    So you are trying to open a excel 2007 format file with an earlier version of excel... I think you will need to check your microsoft installation. Microsoft does have a Compatibility Pack, but does not guarantee complete downward compatibility. You can export the file in xls format which will be compatible with excel 2003.
  • 4. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    This all worked in 3.2.09.23. I have removed 3.2.10.09.57 and the data from C:\Documents and Settings\trotp\Application Data\SQL Developer and reinstalled but still doesn't work. I then uninstlled, reinstalled without puling through the preferences but still no joy. Yet if i go back to the previous release all is good.
  • 5. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    We do have a fix in for excel that changes the way we create the worksheets in order to allow us to handle exporting more than 1 table to the same file. The change allows us to create separate worksheets for each table inside the workbook. It also handles the query worksheet differently. Can you try the different options for excel, especially not including the query, to see if you can get an xlsx format file that you can open with your excel 2003? That might help pinpoint the problem.
    Thanks,
    Joyce
  • 6. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    I have tried all different scenarios and even a new install but to no avail, i can't get an .xlsx format to work

Paul
  • 7. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    I will need to get help reproducing your problem. Can you provide a reproducible test case?
    Thanks,
    Joyce
  • 8. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    Can i share a session with you for you to see?

I can't produce a working xlsx.
  • 9. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    Update:

Have just tried another table in another schema but limited via rownum as loads of rows and this has worked.
    I've then gone back to original table schema(MIGRATION) which i sent DDL over and limited rownum < 51 but still errs.

So could it be on the data or the DDL???
    However all tables i've tried in the MIGRATION schema seem to fail.

Paul
  • 10. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    What I really need is a reproducable case so that I can run SQLDev with a debugger and see exactly what is going on. If you could find a small example with limited columns and rows that would probably be best. Please export the ddl and also the data in two different formats, insert and csv (encoding UTF-8). You can email it to joyce.scapicchio@oracle.com.

Is the schema that works in the same database as the schema that does not work.
    What is the characterset of the database?
    What encoding are you using on the export? If you are using something other than UTF-8, can you also try with UTF-8 and let me know the results.

Thanks,
    Joyce
  • 11. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    Joyce,

Sorry for the delay.

I've sent you a mail with all that you requested to you specified mail address

Thanks

Paul
  • 12. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    Joyce,

Have you had any joy replicating?

Thanks

Paul
  • 13. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    Sorry, no I have not. I got the answers to the questions but it did not have the reproducible case included. I have had a number of others on other machines try it also.

Joyce
  • 14. Re: 3.2.1 xlsx data export
    710129 Newbie
    Can i share my machine somehow so you can see and try tests on here?
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points