This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 2:29 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

certification

948227 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hey few days before i had given my OCA exam.Today i received my OCA certificate but not my OCA card.Afriend of mine told me that he had received an sql card and certificate from oracle after giving sql exam.
i m talikng about DBA track i had given Introduction to sql then administration 1
  • 1. Re: certification
    matthew_morris Expert
    Today i received my OCA certificate but not my OCA card.
    Not all of the tracks come with cards. I have no idea which do and which don't I have a handful of the things. Most are sitting in the same file-folder that has the certificate. Others have slipped out and fallen to the bottom of the filing cabinet drawer as they tend to do when I pull the folder out to put in new certificates. I don't actually carry the cards around with me and can't imagine why anyone would.

If you were going to get one -- it would have been in the same packet as the certificate.
  • 2. Re: certification
    948227 Newbie
    A Friend of mine had given sql exam and he had received both card and certificate.that why i saying for OCA their must be a card also
  • 3. Re: certification
    bigdelboy Pro
    945224 wrote:
    A Friend of mine had given sql exam and he had received both card and certificate.that why i saying for OCA their must be a card also
    Beware of the reasoning process. It is important for DBA have correct reasoning processes or his/her database may be down or corrupt.

The exam he passed was probably 1z0-047 which would have received an SQL OCE (oracle certified expert) and as have been pointed out by Justin on {thread:id=2454477} in general (and there may be exceptions) OCP and OCE currently (and it is subject to change) receive cards, and OCA success kits do not. I rememberthis being discussed authoratively on a thread about a year or so back; I am not bothered enough to search it.
  • 4. Re: certification
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I can confirm that OCAs do not receive ID cards. Your friend probably received a card for SQL Expert.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points