This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 8:23 PM by rp0428 RSS

very slow package compiling

user6351589 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi dear all,
I'm writing a package wihch is mainly consist of record definitions and there are just about 400+ lines of PL/SQL code . The strange thing is compiling this package took me many many hours and finally ended with memory exhausted . How does this happen ? Many thanks!
  • 1. Re: very slow package compiling
    Jim Smith Expert
    It would be useful to have more detailed error messages and version information; and if possible, the package code.

It is possible the compiler got into a loop, but without more information there is nothing else to say.
  • 2. Re: very slow package compiling
    user6351589 Newbie
    Hi Jim,
    Thanks for reply . I'm compiling the package on database 11.1.0.7.0 . The package is just a bunch of RECORD definitions which have some nests , for example , record A reference record B as its member and so on . The max length of the reference chain is about 7. Does this matter ? Another question , what does It is possible the compiler got into a loop mean ? Many thanks!

Edited by: user6351589 on 2012-10-22 下午7:09
  • 3. Re: very slow package compiling
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    Thanks for reply . I'm compiling the package on database 11.1.0.7.0 . The package is just a bunch of RECORD definitions which have some nests , for example , record A reference record B as its member and so on . The max length of the reference chain is about 7. Does this matter ? Another question , what does It is possible the compiler got into a loop mean ? Many thanks!
    >
    Unless you can show that this question has something to do with SQL Developer mark it ANSWERED and post your question in the SQL and PL/SQL forum
    SQL and PL/SQL

You have to define objects before you reference them unless you declare a forward reference.

I assume you are aware that any RECORD definitions defined in your package will ONLY be available within other PL/SQL code.
  • 4. Re: very slow package compiling
    user6351589 Newbie
    Sorry . Could you please move this post to the right forumn for me ? I don't want to repost it . Many thanks!

Edited by: user6351589 on 2012-10-22 下午7:44
  • 5. Re: very slow package compiling
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    Sorry . Could you please move this post to the right forumn for me ? I don't want to repost it . Many thanks!
    >
    It's your choice. But if you don't post in the correct forum you won't get the help you need.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points