This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 11:27 PM by ToRRaDo RSS

Cannot start WebLogic Managed Server

ToRRaDo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have an weblogic domain on a physical machine with two servers (AdminServer and osb_server1 [Managed Server]). (Weblogic 10.3.6)
I started nodeManager and enrolled the domain using nmEnroll command through WLST.
I can start "AdminServer" thourgh nmStart('AdminServer') command. AdminServer starts successfully.

However, when I want to start managed server (osb_server1):
1. Through WebLogic administrator console it says:
(Warning) The user is not authorized to perform lifecycle operations on server osb_server1.
(Warning) All of the servers selected are currently in a state which is incompatible with this operation or are not associated with a running Node Manager or you are not authorized to perform the action requested. No action will be performed.

2. Using startManagedWebLogic.cmd script after entering username/password, it returns authentication denied.
Oct 22, 2012 10:31:21 AM EEST> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090403> <Authentication for user weblogic denied>
<Oct 22, 2012 10:31:21 AM EEST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user weblogic denied.
at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:966)
at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:1054)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:873)
at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
Caused By: javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: [Security:090303]Authentication Failed: User weblogic weblogic.security.providers.authentication.LDAPAtnDelegateException: [Security:090295]caught unexpected exception
at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.LDAPAtnLoginModuleImpl.login(LDAPAtnLoginModuleImpl.java:251)
at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper$1.run(LoginModuleWrapper.java:110)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper.login(LoginModuleWrapper.java:106)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>

3. Using nmStart command on nodeManager, it is complaining about boot.properties file.

I can login AdminServer with same account without problems.

Best Regards,

Edited by: ToRRaDo on Oct 22, 2012 5:25 PM
  • 1. Re: Cannot start WebLogic Managed Server
    Ganesh.. Explorer
    Hi,
    Copy boot.properties from AdminServer to managed server and start the server.
    i.e. from <DOMAIN_HOME>/servers/AdminServer/security/boot.properties to <DOMAIN_HOME>/servers/osb_server1/security/
  • 2. Re: Cannot start WebLogic Managed Server
    ToRRaDo Newbie
    Copied boot.properties from AdminServer to osb_server1 and the error below occured. (I also with plain text passwords in boot.properties file but error did not change)

<Oct 23, 2012 8:03:59 AM EEST> <Error> <Configuration Management> <BEA-150021> <The admin server failed to authenticate the identity of the user weblogic starting the managed server. The reason for the error is .>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:03:59 AM EEST> <Emergency> <Management> <BEA-141151> <The admin server could not be reached at http://localhost:7001/.>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:03:59 AM EEST> <Info> <Configuration Management> <BEA-150018> <This server is being started in managed server independence mode in the absence of the admin server.>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:03:59 AM EEST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to STARTING>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:03:59 AM EEST> <Info> <WorkManager> <BEA-002900> <Initializing self-tuning thread pool>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:04:00 AM EEST> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170019> <The server log file C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\my_domain\servers\osb_server1\logs\osb_server1.log is opened. All server side log events will be written to this file.>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:04:19 AM EEST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090082> <Security initializing using security realm myrealm.>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:04:19 AM EEST> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090402> <Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid;
    The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:04:20 AM EEST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password fromthe boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created.
    Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
    weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
    at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:960)
    at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:1054)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:873)
    at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
    Caused By: javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: [Security:090303]Authentication Failed: User weblogic weblogic.security.providers.authentication.LDAPAtnDelegateException: [Security:090295]caught unexpected exception
    at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.LDAPAtnLoginModuleImpl.login(LDAPAtnLoginModuleImpl.java:251)
    at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper$1.run(LoginModuleWrapper.java:110)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper.login(LoginModuleWrapper.java:106)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace>
    <Oct 23, 2012 8:04:20 AM EEST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to FAILED>

Edited by: ToRRaDo on Oct 23, 2012 8:13 AM

Edited by: ToRRaDo on Oct 23, 2012 8:14 AM
  • 3. Re: Cannot start WebLogic Managed Server
    Ganesh.. Explorer
    Have you configured any OID authenticator?
    Try deleting the embedded ldap folder (keep backup) and start the server..
  • 4. Re: Cannot start WebLogic Managed Server
    ToRRaDo Newbie
    I had configured a LDAP Authentication Provider but then I deleted it.

Deleted all contents of /my_domain/servers/osb_server1/ and started the server, but the same error continues. (Authentication Denied.)
  • 5. Re: Cannot start WebLogic Managed Server
    Ganesh.. Explorer
    Did you restart AdminServer after deleting the LDAP Authentication provider?
    I think your managed server is still trying to authenticate user through ldap authentication provider.
  • 6. Re: Cannot start WebLogic Managed Server
    ToRRaDo Newbie
    Hi,

I found that there was a definition in Security Policy of osb_server1 for an user that belonged to deleted LDAP authenticator.
    I deleted it and server started.
    Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points