This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 1:35 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1

User426388 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are trying to identify the patches that are required to be applied on top of R12.1.1 before invoking the u6678700.drv. We came across the note, Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches Report [Video] [ID 1448102.1]. We installed the report and as per the note and the report, we have "Upgrade Script failure - EBS" 98 patches and "Performance issue - EBS" 33 patches. We would like to know if its mandatory to apply all these 98+33 patches and if so is there any better way to get a merged patch?

Do we need to apply patches for products under a particular family suit if they are not licensed? i.e say under Finacials, Products ZX, XLE are not licensed, so Can I skip the preinstall patches for these products?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    We are trying to identify the patches that are required to be applied on top of R12.1.1 before invoking the u6678700.drv. We came across the note, Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches Report [Video] [ID 1448102.1]. We installed the report and as per the note and the report, we have "Upgrade Script failure - EBS" 98 patches and "Performance issue - EBS" 33 patches. We would like to know if its mandatory to apply all these 98+33 patches and if so is there any better way to get a merged patch?
    They highly recommended to avoid issues and errors during the upgrade, so I would say they are mandatory.

You can merge all those patches as long as you need to use certain option to apply them (i.e. preinstall). If any of those patches need to be applied normally using adpatch (with no options), then merge those patches in a different patch.
    Do we need to apply patches for products under a particular family suit if they are not licensed? i.e say under Finacials, Products ZX, XLE are not licensed, so Can I skip the preinstall patches for these products?
    For unlicensed products, you do not need to apply the patches.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    User426388 Newbie
    Thanks Hussein for the confirmation. One more question, I also found another note      R12.1: Oracle Financials Pre-Upgrade Patch - Supplemental List for EBS CUP [ID 1127593.1], specific to CUP patches for Financials as per this note, some of the patches listed under Pre-install Patches Report are superseded and the report contains the superseded as well as the original patch, could you please confirm if I can skip the original patch safely?

Example is patch for AP 11653739

As per note:1127593.1, patch AP 11653739:R12.AP.B superseded by 12990345:R12.AP.B

but the Pre-install Patches Report lists both 11653739 & 12990345

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    965417 wrote:
    Thanks Hussein for the confirmation. One more question, I also found another note      R12.1: Oracle Financials Pre-Upgrade Patch - Supplemental List for EBS CUP [ID 1127593.1], specific to CUP patches for Financials as per this note, some of the patches listed under Pre-install Patches Report are superseded and the report contains the superseded as well as the original patch, could you please confirm if I can skip the original patch safely?

Example is patch for AP 11653739

As per note:1127593.1, patch AP 11653739:R12.AP.B superseded by 12990345:R12.AP.B

but the Pre-install Patches Report lists both 11653739 & 12990345
    I would suggest you apply both. Patches applied using preinstall option do not take long time to be applied, and it is just copying files (without updating the database or generating files).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    User426388 Newbie
    Thanks Alot Hussein, is there any better way to download multiple patches in a single operation?

Thanks
  • 5. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    965417 wrote:
    Thanks Alot Hussein, is there any better way to download multiple patches in a single operation?

Thanks
    You can use wget to download these patches.

Using WGET to download My Oracle Support Patches [ID 980924.1]

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=WGET&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Or, use OAM Patch Download -- OAM Usage And Navigation [ID 352235.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    User426388 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

Thanks alot for your update. One more clarification pls

As per the note, Oracle Applications Release Notes, Release 12.1.1 [ID 798258.1], I am planning to merge CUP patch 7303029 with other Pre-install Patches and apply the merged driver with preinstall=Y option

my question is after the above step do I still need to do this step? as its not clear

Merge the patch drivers in $APPL_TOP/admin/$TWO_TASK/preinstall directory
    with the 12.1.1 upgrade driver $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver/u6678700.drv

Merging patch drivers in $APPL_TOP/admin/$TWO_TASK/preinstall with
    $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver/u6678700.drv:

- change directory to $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver
    (example: cd $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver)

- admrgpch -d . -preinstall -master u6678700.drv

Note: Default merged driver by name u_merged.drv would be created in the
    destination directory specified.

Apply the newly merged 12.1.1 upgrade driver (for example -
    $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver/u_merged.drv) with adpatch
    options=nocopyportion,nogenerateportion

Thanks
  • 7. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    965417 wrote:
    Hi Hussein,

Thanks alot for your update. One more clarification pls

As per the note, Oracle Applications Release Notes, Release 12.1.1 [ID 798258.1], I am planning to merge CUP patch 7303029 with other Pre-install Patches and apply the merged driver with preinstall=Y option

my question is after the above step do I still need to do this step? as its not clear
    No, as you need to apply those merged patches using preinstall option then apply u6678700.drv patch driver using nocopyportion,nogenerateportion option, so you should not merge those patches again.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 8. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    User426388 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

I was reviewing the readme for the pre-install patches and I came across two issues,

1) Some patches in the pre-install report are superseded, so is it fine if I go ahead and apply the superseded patch?

2) for the patches 13545598 13799611 13931180, the readme doesn't say anything about applying these patches in preinstall mode but these patches are included in the preinstall report.

Could you pls clarify?

Thanks
    Murali
  • 9. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    1) Some patches in the pre-install report are superseded, so is it fine if I go ahead and apply the superseded patch?
    Yes.
    2) for the patches 13545598 13799611 13931180, the readme doesn't say anything about applying these patches in preinstall mode but these patches are included in the preinstall report.

Could you pls clarify?
    According to those patches README files, you need to apply them normally.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 10. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    User426388 Newbie
    Thanks Hussein,

Regarding the second question

According to those patches README files, you need to apply them normally, if so why were they included in the pre-install patches report? and are these patches supposed to be applied after R12.1.1 upgrade completed?

Thanks
  • 11. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    965417 wrote:
    Thanks Hussein,

Regarding the second question

According to those patches README files, you need to apply them normally, if so why were they included in the pre-install patches report? and are these patches supposed to be applied after R12.1.1 upgrade completed?

Thanks
    Those patches are included in 12.1.3 RUP or in R12.PRC_PF.B.delta.3 Patch 9249354. So, you need to apply them after the upgrade (if you are upgrading to 12.1.1/12.1.2). If you are upgrading to 12.1.3 then you should be those patches already applied.

12.1.3: Procurement Family Update - Current Rollup Patch : 14254641:R12.PRC_PF.B [ID 1468883.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 12. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    User426388 Newbie
    Since I am upgrading to R12.1.3 I can skip these three patches I believe, pls correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
  • 13. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    965417 wrote:
    Since I am upgrading to R12.1.3 I can skip these three patches I believe, pls correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
    Correct. If you search those patches individually in MOS website, you will find that they are included in 12.1.3 RUP

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 14. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches on top of R12.1.1
    user9338712 Newbie
    Hai Hussein,

I can see in the patch reports, most of the patches are applicable for release 12.1 . For example the patch

2011-05-25
    RCA : RCA FOR DUPLICATE PARTY SITES AFTER UPGRADE

is for release R`12 Ap.B and r12AP.A. Do I have to still download it and apply it before runing the upgrade driver ?
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points