This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 1:25 PM by 967165 RSS

32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.

967165 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,
when I tried to install the MDF application for weblogic, I have encounterred an error saying that the Not Found: natvie path: the 32 bit native library path has not been installed. Possible problem: product installed with 64-bit JDK/JRE and not a 32-bit. (i work on VM with solaris 10 as its os)

the output i got when doing #isainfo -v are:
64-bit amd64 applications .....
32-bit i386 applications ....

so I believed it does have 32-bit.

I have installed jdk-6u37-solaris-i586.sh and jdk-6u37-solaris-x64.sh and link to JAVA_HOME directory (i have removed the old jdk version before installing the new one). I have also checked the 32-bit library on the system at /usr/lib/32 and /usr/ccs/lib. I did not see any lib folder of i386 in /usr/ccs/lib so just copy from jdk that i install. in the /usr/lib/32, it linked to /usr/lib (what i mean here is when i click on /usr/lib/32, it came back to /usr/lib). so I linked it to i386 lib folder from jdk that i installed in Java_home. I then ran the mdf application again; it's still saying that 32-bit library not found. I dont know what to try next..and I need help...

Thanks
  • 1. Re: 32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.
    muvvas Explorer
    which bit of java are configured

can u please ping java -version

can u try to run ur app with 64 bit java

its located under java folder /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26/bin/amd64

have you configured any LD_LIBRARYPATH

what is the kernel 32bit or 64bit

isainfo -kv

cat /etc/release

on /usr
    do you have the 32 64 folders

bash-3.2# ls -ld 64
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Jul 30 23:16 64 -> amd64
    bash-3.2# ls -ld 32
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1 Jul 30 23:16 32 -> .
    bash-3.2# pwd
    /lib

can you please check all these ..and give the o/p
  • 2. Re: 32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.
    967165 Newbie
    Thank Muvvas,
    here is the o/p:

which bit of java are configured
    - 64-bit

can u please ping java -version
    - java version "1.6.0_37

can u try to run ur app with 64 bit java

its located under java folder /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26/bin/amd64
    - i did run this and it give me the error that i posted earlier before I installed jdk1.6.0_37. what i did was set a java home and link to jdk1.6.0_26 here is the syntax:
    #ln -s /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26 /opt/dsw/java (I want to use /opt/dsw/java as my JAVA_HOME. To verify that system pick up the jdk directory i just did /opt/dsw/java/bin/java -version)

have you configured any LD_LIBRARYPATH
    - I have not configure any LD_Library path

what is the kernel 32bit or 64bit
    - 64-bit amd64 kernel modules

isainfo -kv
    - 64-bit amd64 kernel modules

cat /etc/release
    - Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 copyright.....

on /usr
    do you have the 32 64 folders

bash-3.2# ls -ld 64
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Jul 30 23:16 64 -> amd64
    bash-3.2# ls -ld 32
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1 Jul 30 23:16 32 -> .
    bash-3.2# pwd
    -bash-3.2$ ls -ld 64
    - lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 oct 18 15:56 64 ->amd64
    -bash-3.2$ls -ld 32
    - lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 oct 23 14:34 32 -> /lib/i386 (this is what i link it to. Originally, under /usr/lib the 32 folder link to /usr/lib itself)

I will try to set the LD_LIBRARY PATH to see if there is any luck.. thanks..
  • 3. Re: 32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.
    alan.pae Journeyer
    So basically you have a 64-bit machine which can run either 32-bits or 64-bit application and this one is telling you it only wants the 32-bit version. So reconfigure things such that it finds the 32-bit version and not the 64-bit version and then it should do what you want it to. Finish installing.

alan
  • 4. Re: 32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.
    967165 Newbie
    Thanks alan, yes I noticed that but how could i configure so that the application just see 32-bit library and not affect others?
  • 5. Re: 32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.
    967165 Newbie
    I also reboot vm to run in in 32-bit mode and make sure that the vm only run in this mode with isainfo -kv command (o/p: 32-bit i386 kernel modules) , but the same error occurred.
  • 6. Re: 32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.
    alan.pae Journeyer
    Just change your path statement to point to the 32-bit version. Booting 32-bit and trying to run the same old 64 bit version isn't going to do you any good.

alan
  • 7. Re: 32 bit native library not found when installing application for weblogic.
    967165 Newbie
    I did change my path statement to point to the 32 bit but it still give me the same error "the 32 bit native library path has not been installed". I have checked the 32 bit lib and wonderring if it's acctually exist. check /lib/32 and /usr/lib/32 and /lib/32 actually link back to /lib and /usr/lib/32 links back to /usr/lib. so I am confused if the 32 bit library exist. if it doesn't, how can i install it. i did pkgadd -d /.../Solaris_10/product SUNWGlib SUNWGlibS but it doesn't work. so how to install 32-bit library on the 64bit solaris machine?
    Thanks,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points