This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 11:07 AM by PravinChikhale RSS

Error reloading Xquery Modules

KMDev Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I'm encountering an annoying issue during the Dgraph restart that I'm hoping to get some help with. When I kickoff a baseline update I will ALMOST always encounter a EacComponentControlException as the reload service fails while attempting to reload my XQuery modules (see below for error). Now, I say almost always because I've found that if I re-provision the application before I run an update everything goes smoothly.

The update does not stop on this error and everything seems to continue processing along just fine but it's very annoying and it always makes me nervous to have errors in the logs. Does anyone have an idea what's happening or how I can trace it down further?

SEVERE: Utility 'wget_-http-127-0-0-1-4804-admin-op-reload-services-' failed.
Occurred while executing line 5 of valid BeanShell script:
[[

2|
3| DgraphCluster.cleanLocalXQueryDirs();
4| DgraphCluster.copyXQueryToDgraphServers();
5| DgraphCluster.reloadXqueryModules();
6|
7|
]]

Oct 24, 2012 11:06:32 AM com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.Controller execute
SEVERE: Caught an exception while invoking method 'run' on object 'LoadXQueryModules'. Releasing locks.
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.Controller.invokeRequestedMethod(Controller.java:925)
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.Controller.execute(Controller.java:210)
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.Controller.main(Controller.java:89)
Caused by: com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.AppControlException: Error executing valid BeanShell script.
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.runBeanShellScript(Script.java:134)
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.run(Script.java:82)
     ... 7 more
Caused by: com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.EacComponentControlException: Utility 'wget_-http-127-0-0-1-4804-admin-op-reload-services-' failed.
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.utility.Utility.runInParallel(Utility.java:193)
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.component.cluster.DgraphCluster.reloadXqueryModules(DgraphCluster.java:687)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
     at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
     at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.runBeanShellScript(Script.java:120)
     ... 8 more
  • 1. Re: Error reloading Xquery Modules
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    Hi,

Are you able to reload services using below url?
    http://<host>:<port>/admin?op=reload-services

Also can you post the errorin wget_-http-127-0-0-1-4804-admin-op-reload-services log? you can find this file in *<Endeca_Install>/PlatformServices/workspace/logs/shell*

-- Pravin
  • 2. Re: Error reloading Xquery Modules
    KMDev Newbie
    Thanks for the reply and for breaking my problem wide open!

The url worked. I received the message: "Web Services reloaded normally."

The log file however, was really interesting.

/bin/sh: [my install path]/endeca/PlatformServices/6.1.1/bin/wget: No such file or directory

I hadn't thought to look for this log before. So I checked that directory and sure enough no wget. After just a bit of research I found out that apparently wget used to ship with PlatformServices but no longer does. Ok, so I found that already have a wget installed in another directory on my server, so I just created a link to it, reran the baseline, and problem solved!

Thanks for your help!
  • 3. Re: Error reloading Xquery Modules
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    Glad to hear that problem is resolved.

- Pravin

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points