This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 10:35 PM by 763744 RSS

11.2.0.3 private and public ip

user13344656 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i prepared a test environment and want to set Public and Private key on the same subnet ,but it gives me error
is there any way to set Public and Private key on the same subnet.
  • 1. Re: 11.2.0.3 private and public ip
    Levi-Pereira Guru
    Please follow documentation requirements:

Each node must have at least two network adapters or network interface cards (NICs): one for the public network interface, and one for the private network interface (the interconnect).

The private network must be configured before installation on a separated network, with its own subnet, that is not resolvable except by other cluster member nodes.
  • 2. Re: 11.2.0.3 private and public ip
    585179 Expert
    user13344656 wrote:
    i prepared a test environment and want to set Public and Private key on the same subnet ,but it gives me error
    is there any way to set Public and Private key on the same subnet.
    Hi,

I would suggest you to read following document http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e22489/prelinux.htm#BABJHGBE
    Public and private IP must be on different subnet

Cheers
  • 3. Re: 11.2.0.3 private and public ip
    user13344656 Newbie
    i know it must be on seperate subnet but my network setting dosent allow me to do that.
  • 4. Re: 11.2.0.3 private and public ip
    763744 Newbie
    As you have been aware, public ip and private ip must be in different subnet. I don't know why you can not do it. Limited network switch? or something else? I'm thinking at least you can use a crossover network cable to connect your two nodes directly although it's not recommended nowadays (it used to be the option in 10 or 15 years ago). However, your RAC is only test environment, so it should be ok.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points