This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2012 1:26 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

9.1 FP2

mmaller0319 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I learnt that 9.1 FP2 comes with MP8.Does it mean after installation is complete i dont have to apply anything upto MP8 as it would already be applied?

My second question is how will be patch MP9 onwards?Will it be a normal process as we do for any MP now or will i have to wait for next feature Pack?

Finally we are going to perform an application upgrade on an 8.9/8.48 instance.The required for UpgradePatches for FSCM 9.1FP2 is 90 in number.Do i have to apply all of 90 ?What is a faster way to do it?Is CA the only way?What can i do in CA to make it faster?Sorry for mutiple questions.
  • 1. Re: 9.1 FP2
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    >
    I learnt that 9.1 FP2 comes with MP8.Does it mean after installation is complete i dont have to apply anything upto MP8 as it would already be applied?
    >
    That is correct, the revision recut is delivered at MP8, which mean all patches and bundles (delivered up to 16) are preinstalled. I'm guessing you mean FSCM.

>
    My second question is how will be patch MP9 onwards?Will it be a normal process as we do for any MP now or will i have to wait for next feature Pack?
    >
    You can wait for the next FP, but there is no planned delivery for Feature packs. To stay current you could install 9.1 FP2, install MP9 delta and MP10 delta. This will bring your environment up to bundle 20. Recently bundle 23 has been released. You could download in apply bundles 21, 22 and 23 including the pre and post requisites. This will bring your new environment fully up to date will all patches.

>
    Finally we are going to perform an application upgrade on an 8.9/8.48 instance.The required for UpgradePatches for FSCM 9.1FP2 is 90 in number.Do i have to apply all of 90 ?What is a faster way to do it?Is CA the only way?What can i do in CA to make it faster?Sorry for mutiple questions.
    >
    CA is the most easiest and fastest way to apply patches. You should definitely use the CA to apply all your patches. CA will apply patches in the correct order and won't install patches if you are missing pre or post requisite patches. I know the current way of finding and downloading patches has been changed with patches being migrated to Oracle Support and the PeopleSoft patch download site being brought down. It will take you some more time to find and download all patches, but trust me, it is worth investing some time into this, this will save you a lot of headache later on.

Regards,

Hakan
  • 2. Re: 9.1 FP2
    857877 Newbie
    If your Env is HRMS , Kindly Check Below DOC

Readme from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud:
    PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1: Feature Pack 2 : This part (#V30354-01) replaces PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 (part #V17776-01), PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 – Revision 1 (part #V19309-01), PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 – Revision 2 (part #V20312-01), and PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1: Feature Pack – December 2010 (part #V23382-01). PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1: Feature Pack 2 includes the original version of the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1 applications plus all of the maintenance delivered through PeopleSoft HRMS 9.1 Maintenance Pack 5, PeopleSoft HRMS 9.1 Bundle #7, PeopleSoft HRMS 9.1 Global Payroll 2011-F, and PeopleSoft HRMS 9.1 Payroll Tax Update 11-E. New installations of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 should use this Feature Pack. If you have already installed PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 (part #V17776-01), PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 – Revision 1 (part #V19309-01), PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1 – Revision 2 (part #V20312-01), or PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System 9.1: Feature Pack – December 2010 (part #V23382-01), you should install the Maintenance Packs or bundles available on MyOracleSupport; you should not install PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1: Feature Pack 2. For additional information on PeopleSoft Feature Packs enhancements, please go to My Oracle Support.

See also:
    PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.0 to 9.1 Feature Pack -- December 2010 Upgrade Home Page [ID 1268903.1]
    https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=REFERENCE&id=1268903.1
    Important! PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 to 9.1 Feature Pack 2 Upgrade is now available. If you are just beginning your upgrade to PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS 9.0 to 9.1 Feature Pack--December 2010 Upgrade, you should upgrade to PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 to 9.1 Feature Pack 2 Upgrade.
  • 3. Re: 9.1 FP2
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    user8649698 wrote:
    You may also wait for the 9.2 application which should come soon (pre-release notes already available).
    Originally the Feature Packs were planned to be released every year within along the new Peopletools version. However, this year is also the year of a new application version, so I doubt there'll be a new FP very soon, but we never know, and Oracle is reluctant to give definite date.
    So, it's all depend of your schedule.
    More over, a feature pack is nothing but a pack including all for those started from scratch, you can obtain the same level of application by applying all the MPs on your current environment, of course FPs are much painless than MPs...

Nicolas.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points