This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2012 9:56 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    857877 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    CI test is working fine .

As MI_PI_PERSONAL Component pick data from the ID which is assign to user.

So, it is giving same data which I m getting through SOAP UI or generate SOAP Template.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <soapenv:Body>
    <m24:Get__CompIntfc__MI_PERSONAL_CIResponse xmlns:m24="http://xmlns.oracle.com/Enterprise/Tools/schemas/M1021871.V1">
    <m24:EMPLID>0117</m24:EMPLID>
    <m24:NAME/>
    <m24:PHONE/>
    <m24:ADDRESS1/>
    <m24:EMAILID/>
    <m24:CITY/>
    <m24:STATE/>
    <m24:ZIP/>
    <m24:MAR_STATUS/>
    <m24:CONTACT_NAME/>
    </m24:Get__CompIntfc__MI_PERSONAL_CIResponse>
    </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>
  • 31. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    857877 Newbie
    In one of the other components where i am trying to

update the data. The fields having drop down and magnifying glass is not accepting the data .

In Below example, field <m62:MAR_STATUS>S</m62:MAR_STATUS> is drop down. So, if i write Marriage or Single, it show message

<DefaultMessage>The value Single is too long for the field ML_PERS_WK.MAR_STATUS (91,68)</DefaultMessage>

And, if i write single word S or M .....It allow to save the DATA with NO Change in values.

Kindly guide how, can i save the data if the field is of type drop down and magnifying glass.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:m62="http://xmlns.oracle.com/Enterprise/Tools/schemas/M624246.V1">
    <soapenv:Header/>
    <soapenv:Body>
    <m62:Updatedata__CompIntfc__MI_PERSONAL_CI>
    <m62:EMPLID>0120</m62:EMPLID>
    <!--Optional:-->
    <m62:NAME>Hot,Sun</m62:NAME>
    <m62:PHONE>123456789</m62:PHONE>
    <m62:ADDRESS1>m</m62:ADDRESS1>
    <m62:EMAILID>OO@gmail.com</m62:EMAILID>
    <m62:CITY>pune</m62:CITY>
    <m62:STATE></m62:STATE>
    <m62:ZIP>77777</m62:ZIP>
    <m62:MAR_STATUS>S</m62:MAR_STATUS>
    <m62:CONTACT_NAME>?</m62:CONTACT_NAME>
    </m62:Updatedata__CompIntfc__MI_PERSONAL_CI>
    </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>
  • 32. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    857877 Newbie
    Hakan,

Just waiting for your final touch ........
  • 33. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    I am starting to run out of ideas.

I know you have your PeopleSoft running on the internet.
    If you want I can have a look at your configuration, as long as it is not a Production system.

Send me a DM (hbiroglu<dot>otnforum<at>gmail<dot>com) with the credentials to your PeopleSoft environment and I will have a look at your IB configuration and will try to access your CI service from a my local soapUI.

Regards,

Hakan
  • 34. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    857877 Newbie
    Hakan,

The good news is that, Yesterday night my developer has resolve the issue 50 %. the issue now we are facing given below

In one of the other components where i am trying to update the data.

The fields having drop down and magnifying glass is not accepting the manual data .

In Below example, field <m62:MAR_STATUS>S</m62:MAR_STATUS> is drop down. So, if i write Marriage or Single, it show message

<DefaultMessage>The value Single is too long for the field ML_PERS_WK.MAR_STATUS (91,68)</DefaultMessage>

And, if i write single word S or M .....It allow to save the DATA with NO Change in values.

Kindly guide how, can i save the data if the field is of type drop down and magnifying glass.

I will preserve your id for future use.

Also, I changed PS id's password. Do i neet to take care of other area also to saved my site from wrong use.

If it is so, Plz guide me on it
  • 35. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    Change the password of your Weblogic console.
    The password is set during installation of your PIA, default user is system, password I will not mention here, but looking around in Google your are able to find the default password for this on PIA.
    The Weblogic console is accessible via http://<yourserver>:<port>/console

In other words I am able to login to your weblogic server and shutdown your environment, delete your environment, or whatever harm someone would intent to do.

For MAR_STATUS you need to fill in the translate values. You are trying to supply the translate value descriptions.
    Start application designer and open field MAR_STATUS. Click on the Properties button in the menu and click on the Translate Values tab. Here you will see all active translate values for your environment. You need to supply these values in your service request.

Hakan
  • 36. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    Hakan Biroglu wrote:
    Change the password of your Weblogic console.
    The password is set during installation of your PIA, default user is system, password I will not mention here, but looking around in Google your are able to find the default password for this on PIA.
    As a side note, this default password is 1) mentioned during the PIA deployment 2) mentioned more than once in the Peopletools installation guide. So, I don't think that's a secret for anyone.

Nicolas.
  • 37. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    857877 Newbie
    i m not getting

compatibility security - :> users ..... option on left pane of change center
  • 38. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    Nicolas,

Your are absolutely right.
    That just shows that your should read the installation manual carefully, no mater how many installations you do/have done :)

The installation manual actually mentions the default password *12 times!!!*

Tanks for pointing this out, learned another thing today.

Regards,

Hakan
  • 39. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    857877 Newbie
    Hakan and Nicloas

Thanks Ver Much..... But ether I am navigating in wrong path or god knows....

I login into weblofic console with system user-id.

And, I could not seecompatibility security - :> users ..... option on left pane of change center to change the system password.

Kindly guide the navigation plz
  • 40. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    See this document on changing the admin (system) password on weblogic.
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13222_01/wls/docs100/ConsoleHelp/taskhelp/security_compat/ChangeTheSystemPassword.html

Or simply recreate your PIA and supply a system password that is not the default filled in password.
    Do not forget to note this, you may need it in the future for further configuration.

Hakan
  • 41. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    857877 Newbie
    Yesterday night, Followed the same doc.

With your suggestion, I can create new PIA.

But, what hitting me in back of my mind, y i could not see below steps when i login with system is into weblogic console. Kindly guide

If you have not already done so, in the Change Center of the Administration Console, click Lock & Edit (see Use the Change Center).
    In the left pane, expand Compatibility Security > Users.
    Click the name of the system user.
    In the Settings for system page, enter the old password.
    Enter a new password in the New Password field.
    Enter the new password again in the Confirm New Password field and click Save.
  • 42. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    Hi,

Follow the instruction of this MOS doc instead.
    E-WS: How to Change the System Account Password for WebLogic 9.2 and 10.3 [ID 664168.1]

I just fired up my env (PT8.52, WLS 10.3.4) and the steps mentioned in the above doc are valid.

Recreating your PIA with a custom password for the system user, is still a simple and easy alternative.

Regards,

Hakan

PS.
    Shall we stop with this thread, it is over 40 posts.
    Someone else reading this thread will get the correct information and last posts have been about weblogic security not about SOAP.
  • 43. Re: Generate SOAP Template
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    Hakan Biroglu wrote:
    PS.
    Shall we stop with this thread, it is over 40 posts.
    Someone else reading this thread will get the correct information and last posts have been about weblogic security not about SOAP.
    You are right. Should the OP get other questions, please open a new thread dedicated to the new question. Thanks.

Thread locked.

Nicolas.
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points