This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 5:32 AM by RMishra RSS

ATG Self Study

970985 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have been working on ATG earlier in one of my client companies who has licensed ATG Dynamo Server. However, I would like to do enhance my knowledge base and do some self study on my Personal PC. Is there a way I could download ATG on my machine and Install it for self-study?

Regards,
Paresh
  • 1. Re: ATG Self Study
    Nooruddin Shaik Expert
    You can download ATG from http://edelivery.oracle.com, it doesn't require license to install
    But to download you have to use your corporate email id which is license registered with ATG Oracle products.

Peace
    Shaik
  • 2. Re: ATG Self Study
    970985 Newbie
    Hi shaik,

Thanks for the reply. But I am currently not employed and I dont have a corporate email id. So, are there any options for me that can allow me to install ATG on my machine. I would like to practise ATG API on my machine.

Regards,
    Paresh
  • 3. Re: ATG Self Study
    Nooruddin Shaik Expert
    Then you don't have a way to download ATG.

Peace
    Shaik
  • 4. Re: ATG Self Study
    Gurvinder Pro
    Paresh

You dont need a corporate email id to register.
    you can use your gmail or any other email account to register on https://edelivery.oracle.com/

After registration, you can download the installers by chosing ATG Web Commerce in the "Select a product pack".
    and then chose the platform either a 32 bit installers or 64 bit.
  • 5. Re: ATG Self Study
    970985 Newbie
    Hi Gurvinder and Shaik,

Thanks for your tips so far.

I tried to download and was able to download the installation files. But as far as I understand its a commercial software. Do I need to purchase a license? As I just want it for trial purposes to enhance my knowledge base. I am planning to give ATG Certification and thats the reason I am downloading on my machine. Please guide me on how to go ahead.

Regards,
    Paresh
  • 6. Re: ATG Self Study
    Gurvinder Pro
    You are free to use this software for development purpose on your personal machine, but once you want to go for a production launch or make your website based on ATG to go public, you ll need a license.
    And for the certification process, please go through the following link, you ll get a better understanding about the requirement and procedure for the certification exam.

~Gurvinder
  • 7. Re: ATG Self Study
    RMishra Journeyer
    Certification link:
    http://www.oracle.com/partners/en/knowledge-zone/applications/atg-web-commerce-implement-exam-1529925.html
    -RMishra
  • 8. Re: ATG Self Study
    970985 Newbie
    Hi Gurvinder,

Thanks for that piece of information. I have successfully installed the server and tried running the in-build application Motorprise to understand the working of a commerce application.

I had earlier worked on the version ATG2006.3 on a Dynamo Server. We used to deploy our own modules in that Dynamo server. And to test our changes we used to start the server with the "StartDynamo -m <module-name>" command. Would I be able to do the same? If so, what is the corresponding batch script in the 10.1. As I dont see the "StartDynamo" in this latest version. Also, one more thing that I noted is that it has CIM tool which does allow us to configure what we want. But as I am new to this approach, I dont feel quite comfortable using the CIM tool.

What I am plainng to do is have my own smal j2ee module with code snippets for form handlers, droplets, and respository samples to try out for basic knowledge. Please advise how do I go ahead.
  • 9. Re: ATG Self Study
    Gurvinder Pro
    StartDynamo is not available in 10.1. However you can use StartDynamoonTomcat.
    Rest you ll need to include the relevant modules you want to build like DAS, DPS, DCS, DSS.

Running CIM is easy, as it gives you step by step approach of configuring from your database, servers to your final ear.

~Gurvinder
  • 10. Re: ATG Self Study
    RMishra Journeyer
    Can you mark this thread as answered, So others can refer it.

-RMishra

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points