This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 6:46 AM by Michel RSS

PSAFFIRM(0) failed

user10480127 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

We are getting errors stating:

PSAFFIRM(0) failed at /vob/peopletools/src/pscmn/psstr.cpp, line 1329. Processing will abort.

What does this mean? How can this be resolved?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.
  • 1. Re: PSAFFIRM(0) failed
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    Where and when are you getting this error, Application Designer, Web, Application Server, Process Scheduler?
  • 2. Re: PSAFFIRM(0) failed
    user10480127 Newbie
    Hi, this error comes up on the appserver it seems like after we upgraded to tools 8.52 the error we use to get of 'Data Integrity' when making changes in App Designer and then going to the PIA are no longer coming up, but there app server errors are.
  • 3. Re: PSAFFIRM(0) failed
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    user10480127 wrote:
    Hi, this error comes up on the appserver it seems like after we upgraded to tools 8.52 the error we use to get of 'Data Integrity' when making changes in App Designer and then going to the PIA are no longer coming up, but there app server errors are.
    Could you not be more clear about what you did exactly ? What upgrade are you talking about (that was not mentioned earlier) ? What data integrity error ?
    What do you mean by "app server errors are" ?
    Ok, you upgraded to PTools 8.52, hat's your OS (and wordsize) ? Your database version ?
    Please clarify.

Nicolas.
  • 4. Re: PSAFFIRM(0) failed
    user8022945 Newbie
    I have also been seeing this error in my appserver logs:

PSAFFIRM(0) failed at /vob/peopletools/src/pscmn/psstr.cpp, line 1329.

We had just upgraded to PeopleTools 8.52.09 This application is Campus Solutions 9.0.

Our Appservers are running on Solaris 10 Sparc 64 with an Oracle Database 11.2.3

What kind of tracing do you suggest I turn on first? And where would I find out what 'word size' you are thinking about?
  • 5. Re: PSAFFIRM(0) failed
    Michel Journeyer
    Did you try to clear the Application server cache? Did you recreate the Application server domains after upgrading? The Data Integrity Error suggests that the version of the objects in the database is inconsistent. Did you run version after the upgrade?

I suggest running a SYSAUDIT to check if any objects are out of sync. If they are you should run the VERSION program.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points