This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 9:47 AM by TheNewBee RSS

display of video on portal page

TheNewBee Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi
I am trying to display a video on portal page that i have linked in my cdf file created(in wyswyg elment). In site studio page it is working but i want video to be embeded in portalj page. Pls help me in this
Thanks
  • 1. Re: display of video on portal page
    TheNewBee Newbie
    Hi,
    As i mentioned above we are using site studio to create web content in UCM and content presenter task flow to present it on portal. My web content can have a video associated with it(a enabling insert flash in WYSWYG element of associated region definition). How can i get this video in my content presenter task flow. I am creating custom template for content presenter.
    any suggetion would be very helpful

Thanks
  • 2. Re: display of video on portal page
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    From my experience i always converted videos to mp4 and showed "streamed" though Flowplayer in content presenter.

HTML 5 is very good solution :) like SQL*VOX said.

Regards.
  • 3. Re: display of video on portal page
    TheNewBee Newbie
    Hi Denial

Can u provide me some code or links regarding your apporach
    that will be very helpful

thanks
  • 4. Re: display of video on portal page
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Hi.

Sorry but i can't share to you this code/components:

My solution have next components:
    1) One IBR addon transforming all media to streaming reproducible format.
    2) Support-addon for streaming (if you don't have streaming server).
    3) Flowplayer integrated with WebCenter Portal as Video Player.

You need to find a Flash or HTML 5 player to show your videos.
    Remember that without streaming server, until videos are fully downloaded are not showed to portal user.

Interesting links...:
    http://contentoncontentmanagement.com/2008/03/ucmtube-converting-and-streaming-flv-files-with-oracle-ucm/

I think that the people of WebCenter Content Forum can help you more with it. In WebCenter Portal you only need to integrate a Flash video player or HTML 5 player.

Regards.

Edited by: Daniel Merchán on 21-sep-2012 20:13
  • 5. Re: display of video on portal page
    Jaap Spiering Explorer
    How do you link to your video file in the Contributor Data File?
    I'm still looking for the best way to integrate video in content presenters and/or Wiki pages.

Oracle simply suggests going to the HTML source of a wiki page and insert an iframe with Youtube's embed code as the src element, but that seems just too simple.
    It would be nice if there would be a simple way for, say, a content administrator to select a video from the Content Server and have the Content Presenter embed it in the news message.
  • 6. Re: display of video on portal page
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Hi.

We usually have our own Element Definition for videos. It's only a Video Picker and store dDocName of the content file.
    Now, with video dDocName is easy to get video file in a CP Template:

${WCAppContext.applicationURL}/content/conn/ucm/uuid/dDocName:${node.propertyMap['dDocName'].value.stringValue // IF Video isn't in a datafile. SELECTING DIRECTLY YOUR VIDEO
    ${WCAppContext.applicationURL}/content/conn/ucm/uuid/dDocName:${node.propertyMap['RDName:video'].value.stringValue // If video is a element definition of a Region Definition

Create a CP template called video player where you add a Flash Video Player.
    In the source of the Flash Video Player select your preferred EL Expression (direct video or element definition).

Regards.
  • 7. Re: display of video on portal page
    TheNewBee Newbie
    Hi Jaap

While Creating element definition i am enabling the insert flash check box.
    so in contribution mode i can select video from content server on click of insert flash icon.
    that work with website created by site studio, but when i am using same region template with content presenter
    video is not visible.(rest of text and image are being displayed on portal page).
    i am still struck at this point. :(

Thanks Daniel i will try ur approach thanks for sharing

thanks
    Somesh
  • 8. Re: display of video on portal page
    TheNewBee Newbie
    Hi Daniel,

Replying after long time to this post of mine.....got stuck with several issues at once since I am still trying to learn alot at once.
    thanks for your suggetion now I know yours is the only possible approach that can make my Authors life easier.
    Can u help me in adding any free avilable video player (may be flash player) in JSF page
    I searched on net to find the steps how to add a video player in JSF page but all gives solution for HTML :(
    Can you share steps required for this. That will be very kind of you.

and also i tried to print #{WCAppContext.applicationURL} in output text box its displaying nothing.

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points