This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 5:00 AM by Sushant Sharma RSS

Change look and feel of the standard page .

keerthioaf Expert
Currently Being Moderated
Hello My OAF friends ,

I have a requirement in I recruitment module to change the look and feel of external candidate screen .
I was going through some of the document in J dev guide and i had also watched the below video
uploaded .

http://apps2fusion.com/training_demo/anilpassi/claf-blaf-custom-skin-in-oaf/claf_step_by_step_demo.html

I was able to change the complete back ground color and text color , but is there any way we can restrict the
back ground color to specific regions ??

Eg : I wish to change only back ground color of the Content container .

I was trying out various option available in " Look and feel administrator " but so far no luck in achieving the above
requirement .

Could you please share your ideas on this .

Thanks in Advance ,
Keerthi

Edited by: keerthioaf on Oct 29, 2012 3:28 AM

Edited by: keerthioaf on Oct 29, 2012 3:36 AM
  • 1. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    884536 Newbie
    Hi,

Try like this,
    1.get the id of the region and using js write a small function and in that set the properties for the region like bgcolor,font..etc
    2.call the js in PR of the controller for the region

to know how to call js in PR, see the below thread

javaScript function not executed

regards
    gk
  • 2. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    Gyan Darpan Guru
    Keerthi,

If your requirement is to change the look and feel of the specific region then make use of CSS.

Refer below link to implement your own custom CSS. But for this you need to extend the controller.

http://gyanoracleapps.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/using-inline-custom-css.html

Regards,
    Gyan
  • 3. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    keerthioaf Expert
    Thanks so much for the response ,

I tried with Look and feel Administrator and with extending the controller class i was not able to do it , the color remains the same .
    The requirement is to change the color only for the login screen hence changing in custom.xss will affect the other screen as well .

I am finding it very big challenge to change color for a content container ( a log in window ) of i Recruitment external candidate page .
    Any one could you please let me know how to change the color of content container .

How can i change the color of an content container just for a specific page ??

It would be a immense help to me if you share your idea .

Thanks in Advance ,
    Keerthi

Edited by: keerthioaf on Nov 12, 2012 2:49 AM
  • 4. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    shreevat Pro
    Can you not change the custom XSS, add a new entry and apply it only to the new region(s) you want? I didn't understand the part "The requirement is to change the color only for the login screen hence changing in custom.xss will affect the other screen as well ."? If you add a new CSS and assign it only to the regions you want, it won't affect other screens, right?

Thanks
    Shree
  • 5. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    keerthioaf Expert
    Thanks Shree ,

Well , i totally agree with you that we can make changes on custom.xss , i am sharing my part code (custom.xss)

<style selector=".OraContentContainerContentDark">
    <property name="background-color">#157DEC
    </property>
    </style>

<style selector=".OraContentContainerBody">
    <property name="color">#157DEC
    </property>
    <property name="background-color">#157DEC
    </property>
    </style>

<style selector=".OraBody">
    <property name="background-color">#5CB3FF
    </property>
    </style>

Now with above changes in the custom.xss the colors are being applied to every page since the selector name is standards . I tried giving
    different name for selectors and from personalization i applied those css , but changes were not reflecting .

Let me explain my requirement clearly , i am working on external candidate page in I recruitment Module , its a self secured page that has an direct access,
    of log in information is required . I would change the color of Log in region (content container ) of the page .

By default back ground color of content container is light gray , i want to change it over to light blue .

Any suggestions please ??

Thanks again ,
    Keerthi
  • 6. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    shreevat Pro
    Style selector name should be different (don't use standard names) and use those selectors in the page/region. Once you place the custom.xss file, please bounce the apache. It should work.

Thanks
    Shree
  • 7. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hello Friends ,

Still no luck in getting the color changed for content container , i even tried with different selector name in custom.xss and applied those selectors
    name from personalization in CSS value , the look and feel remains unchanged . ( i have bounced apache server and cleared cache before testing )

Any one who has worked on similar requirement , please share your inputs it would be great helpful to me .

Thanks in Advance ,
    Keerthi

Edited by: keerthioaf on Nov 16, 2012 3:35 AM
  • 8. Re: Change look and feel of the standard page .
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

Try using this in PR method of cont:

CSSStyle css = new CSSStyle();
    css.setProperty("background-color", "<color>");
    OAContentContainerBean contBean = (OAContentContainerBean)webBean.findChildRecursive("beanId");

if (contBean != null) {
    contBean.setInlineStyle(css);
    }

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points