This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 3:56 AM by jiri.machotka RSS

Contrbution Folders Name

user12502220 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hello ,
i want to know if i can display "Contribution Folders Names " by using ADF Query ??

For example this code will present the contents name which "*nodes*"

<dt:contentListTemplateDef var="nodes">
<af:iterator value="#{nodes}" var="node">
<af:outputText value="#{node.name}" />
</af:iterator>
</dt:contentListTemplateDef>

How I can display the "folders name" instead of contents name???
  • 1. Re: Contrbution Folders Name
    jiri.machotka Guru
    You certainly can. Contribution Folders are metadata of documents, so you should be able to get them in a similar way like document name.

In you particular case, a good question is how your nodes were constructed. I believe it is some query on documents. If so, it should be relatively easy to add content folders to be returned by the query (maybe they already are).

Another question could be if document's metadata are what you are looking for. With folders it might also make sense to display hierarchy of folders. Note that standard task flows like Folder Viewer might already contain the necessary code/functionality.
  • 2. Re: Contrbution Folders Name
    user12502220 Newbie
    i want to display the Conribution folder name only without its content , i know if i want to display the folder of contents i can use
    <af:outputText value="#{node.propertyMap['dollectionName'].value}"/>

but i don't need that , just what i need to get contribution folders names on webcenter page
  • 3. Re: Contrbution Folders Name
    jiri.machotka Guru
    I'm afraid I don't understand what your intentions are.

a) are you trying to display information about folders, or documents?
    b) do you know what the content of your node hierarchy is? (folders or documents?)

It seems that it contains documents and you are able to achieve the content folder assigned to a document, but what documents are there?
    And it also seems that you rather want to display information about folders. Would you mind explaining your scenario in the plain language?

In fact, I guess that your requirements might be satisfied by standard task flows, perhaps, a bit customized, but you should first explain what they are.
  • 4. Re: Contrbution Folders Name
    user12502220 Newbie
    a) are you trying to display information about folders, or documents?
    folders

b) do you know what the content of your node hierarchy is? (folders or documents?)
    i want to display folders name onlyregardless of contnets , just the hirarchy of contribution folder ,

is there any idea to do this ??

can i use this statmnet :
    <af:panelCollection id="mvColl" styleClass="NoBorder AFStretchWidth" featuresOff="detach statusBar" binding="#{backingBeanScope.dlMnBk.panelCollection}">

???

Edited by: user12502220 on 30/10/2012 03:03 ص
  • 5. Re: Contrbution Folders Name
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Well, one way to do (from the scratch) is to query the WebCenter Content's database. Folders are stored in the table called Collections. You will need the dCollectionName column, rows are linked via dCollectionId and dParentCollectionId columns.

If you want to reuse existing resources you may take any of document service task flows mentioned at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_content_jsfpg.htm#CHDFEGAB which provides Folder and File Listings

I haven't seen insides of any of them (what statements are used), but you should be able to use: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_taskflows.htm#BACIEGJD to see it. Besides, I'd recommend to consider re-using the task flows.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points