This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 7:06 AM by calittle - oracle RSS

GenData Error

KenWaters Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

Just received a new workstation running 64-bit windows 7. Currently using documaker studio version 12.0.1.15380. Getting the following error using the test tool and was wondering if anyone had any insight. All resources and configs are identical to my 32-bit Windows XP install.

Stepping to the end of the test run, the Gendata Error output reports the following:

[12:20:20PM] Error: Read Exception at 0x00000001 - Attempted to Read at 0x00000001
[12:20:20PM] Error: An exception occurred in Gendata.

Attempting to run again results in not being able to stop the test.

Upon examining the windows taskMGR, GENDAW32.EXE is running multiple times.

Could documaker have some sort of compatibility issue with 64-bit windows 7?

Thank you in advance!
  • 1. Re: GenData Error
    user9976634 Journeyer
    Personal opinion is that it is unlikely a Windows 7 problem. This should really be reported to Support as it sounds familiar and could be something that was already fixed. I don't know if it was patched to 12.0 or not.
  • 2. Re: GenData Error
    calittle - oracle Journeyer
    Ken Waters wrote:
    Hi all,

Just received a new workstation running 64-bit windows 7. Currently using documaker studio version 12.0.1.15380. Getting the following error using the test tool and was wondering if anyone had any insight. All resources and configs are identical to my 32-bit Windows XP install.

Stepping to the end of the test run, the Gendata Error output reports the following:

[12:20:20PM] Error: Read Exception at 0x00000001 - Attempted to Read at 0x00000001
    [12:20:20PM] Error: An exception occurred in Gendata.

Attempting to run again results in not being able to stop the test.

Upon examining the windows taskMGR, GENDAW32.EXE is running multiple times.

Could documaker have some sort of compatibility issue with 64-bit windows 7?

Thank you in advance!
    Ken,
    As previous poster recommended, you should report this to Support. I have been using that version (12.0.1.15380) on my 64 bit Win 7 laptop with no issues for several months. Have you been able to run Gen* processes outside of Studio?
    -Andy

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points