This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 11:42 AM by orafad RSS

about the interface web oracle database express edition

user8137313 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I want execute a export from web interface I click on link "data" I choose the object table and after I click on link "download" but the file export at format csv contain only the lines which I see on the interface web .

is it possible to export all rows of the table object in CSV file ?

think
  • 1. Re: about the interface web oracle database express edition
    clcarter Expert
    There are many ways to skin that cat, i.e. just using sqlplus and spooling to a file:

set pagesize 0 verify off feedback off linesize 500 trimspool on
    spool filename.csv
    select <col1> || ',' || <col2>[|| ','||<colN>] as csvout from <table>;
    spool off

If there are date (or any of the timestamp) datatypes you'll want to be specific about the output format, i.e. use to_char( <col>, 'yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss')...

Also may want to have [var]char column values wrapped in single quotes, just add them in- i.e. ...''''||<col>||'''' it takes two single quotes inside a literal to get one in the output.

There will still be some stuff in the spool file needing cleanup, like the 'spool off' command and an echo of the SQL if you're running sqlplus interactively, don't think there's any way to turn off that echo. 'set echo off' doesn't do it as one would think.

Edited by: clcarter on Oct 31, 2012 10:31 AM
    nix the headings comment
  • 2. Re: about the interface web oracle database express edition
    user8137313 Newbie
    yes I knew in command mode.

so for a user is it possible to use the web interface to extract all data without doing any command mode ?
  • 3. Re: about the interface web oracle database express edition
    clcarter Expert
    Might be a way, although its not a question I can answer, haven't played around with apex in quite a while.

I remember earlier versions of apex you could just paste in a spreadsheet page into a textarea and the DDL and everything else needed to create and populate a table in the GUI could be done with just a few clicks, depending on how complex the spreadsheet "table" data. But sounds like that feature isn't included with apex version 4. Oh well.

But did find this thread in the apex forum {message:id=10574095} that may be close to the answer you're looking for, see the reply from Hari_639 ...
  • 4. Re: about the interface web oracle database express edition
    orafad Oracle ACE
    user8137313 wrote:
    I want execute a export from web interface ...
    If you by "web interface" are referring to Apex, please move this question to the relevant forum:

Application Express

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points