1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 11:59 PM by user12879396 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: ORA-22288: file or LOB operation GETLENGTH failed
        user12879396
        File does not exist or it is not accessible while file physical exist in this path and with full rights
        • 16. Re: ORA-22288: file or LOB operation GETLENGTH failed
          AlbertoFaenza
          user12879396 wrote:
          File does not exist or it is not accessible
          This means that:

a) The file does not exist in file system;
          or
          b) The file is not accessible.

As you posted the creation of directory before:
          CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY
          DIR AS
          '/oracle/test/inst/apps/erp-server/logs/appl/conc/out';

GRANT EXECUTE, READ, WRITE ON DIRECTORY DIR TO APPS WITH GRANT OPTION;

GRANT READ ON DIRECTORY DIR TO PUBLIC;

GRANT EXECUTE, READ, WRITE ON DIRECTORY DIR TO SYS;
          I assume that there is no problem on database side.

I suggest you to verify the following:
          Connect to your Unix server with Oracle user (oracle most probably) and check the file with the command

i.e.:
          ls -l /oracle/test/inst/apps/erp-server/logs/appl/conc/out/XXSUPPSTMTSTE_681129_1.PDF
          You should be able to list the file. Please post the output of this command.

You can also check if you have write access to that directory copying the file to a new one (TEST.PDF) in the same directory:
          cp /oracle/test/inst/apps/erp-server/logs/appl/conc/out/XXSUPPSTMTSTE_681129_1.PDF /oracle/test/inst/apps/erp-server/logs/appl/conc/out/TEST.PDF
          Regards.
          Al
          • 17. Re: ORA-22288: file or LOB operation GETLENGTH failed
            user12879396
            * Connect to your Unix server with Oracle user (oracle most probably) and check the file with the command

-rwxrwxrwx 1 applprod dba 130344 Oct 25 2010 /oracle/PROD/inst/apps/PROD_ho-erp-p1/logs/appl/conc/out/XXSUPPSTMTSTE_681129_1.PDF

I am using apps user in sql developer while access the unix server from other user
            • 18. Re: ORA-22288: file or LOB operation GETLENGTH failed
              AlbertoFaenza
              user12879396 wrote:
              * Connect to your Unix server with Oracle user (oracle most probably) and check the file with the command

-rwxrwxrwx 1 applprod dba 130344 Oct 25 2010 /oracle/PROD/inst/apps/PROD_ho-erp-p1/logs/appl/conc/out/XXSUPPSTMTSTE_681129_1.PDF

I am using apps user in sql developer while access the unix server from other user
              Which Unix user have you used? applprod or oracle?

You must be sure that the access is given to oracle user, thus the user which is running Oracle database. I also assume that the file system is available from the server where the database instance is running.
              When you access a file from SQL, the access to the file system is done by the user which is running the database (oracle usually).

The user you have used to access Oracle database (APPS) already has access to directory defined in Oracle. But you need to be sure that the unix user has access.

Again follow this steps:

a) login in Unix with oracle user on the server where database is running
              b) run the ls commands I have given you before

From what I see it seems that oracle user does not have access to that file and/or directory.

I have just noticed now that you have defined the directory as:
              CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY
              DIR AS
              '/oracle/test/inst/apps/erp-server/logs/appl/conc/out';
              but the you are showing another directory:

/oracle/PROD/inst/apps/PROD_ho-erp-p1/logs/appl/conc/out/
              I got a bit confused.
              Is the file you want to access under oracle/test or oracle/PROD?
              Is the database you are using test or PROD?
              Are databases running on the same server or on different servers?

Edit:

I have read again your initial post. It seems that you have problem in production and not in test. Sorry for my misunderstanding

Let's proceed step by step then. Suppose that the directory is created as DIR, connect to your PROD database using APPS user and run the following statements to be sure directory is correctly defined and grants are given:
              SELECT * 
                FROM all_directories
               WHERE directory_name='DIR';

SELECT grantee, table_name directory_name, privilege
                FROM user_tab_privs
               WHERE table_name = 'DIR';
              Then, as I said before
              a) login in Unix with oracle user on the server where PROD database is running. If you don't have access with oracle user ask your dba to do it.
              b) run the ls commands using the directory which is specified in DIRECTORY_PATH column of the first query.

Regards.
              Alberto.
              • 19. Re: ORA-22288: file or LOB operation GETLENGTH failed
                user12879396
                yes application server and database server are on two machines when I created the directory on database server machine and access it from the database machine it work fine how we can access the application directory from database machine what is syntax of UNC (User Naming Convention) in Create Directory for other Machine in oracle. both are linux Machine Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)
                • 20. Re: ORA-22288: file or LOB operation GETLENGTH failed
                  user12879396
                  Please any body guide about this issue
                  • 21. Re: ORA-22288: file or LOB operation GETLENGTH failed
                    user12879396
                    how can I used Network path in create directory
                    1 2 Previous Next