This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 11:16 AM by Murali Pasumarti RSS

DRM Validation to prevent property change

904663 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to have a real-time validation which prevents the user from changing (certain) properties for a node?
Point is, only some properties must be protected some not and it must be possible to add/remove/rearrange the node in the hierarchy.
I am grateful for any help on that.

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: DRM Validation to prevent property change
    874770 Explorer
    How about putting those properties in a category and applying security on the category to "Read"? Then, put the user in a group that will have Add or Insert privileges. See if that works?
  • 2. Re: DRM Validation to prevent property change
    904663 Newbie
    Hello,

That is actually a great idea. But I forgot to mention that I only want to prevent the change of properties for certain nodes in the hierarchy. Your approach would disallow property changes for all nodes.
    Do you have any idea how to accomplish that?
    I'm a bit stuck in a dead end and welcoming any help.

Thanks
  • 3. Re: DRM Validation to prevent property change
    874770 Explorer
    The other way I can think of, is to have a query with conditions that have Node Changed set to True, and the other properties that you reckon shouldn't be changed. Then, call the query from a validation with the class CustPropQuery. Again, this might not work based on the kind of properties you'd like to monitor.
  • 4. Re: DRM Validation to prevent property change
    Murali Pasumarti Journeyer
    You should consider using Node Types, If you try to accomplish restrciting "certain nodes being updated against certain properties" Node Types is an option,
    1. Try to create a Property category
    2. Place all those properties which you wish to avoid modifications and assign "READ" access for the users on them
    3. Create a Node Type and assign the properties
    4. Assign Node Type on those nodes

Thanks,
    Murali

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points