This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 9:35 AM by 705968 RSS

Is it possible, in any way, to run Oracle OLAP in the cloud?

705968 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I understand that Oracle's cloud offering does not include the OLAP option, but I am trying to get a definitive answer as to whether there is any way to make use of the OLAP option in any other cloud-hosting environment, such as Amazon AWS etc? I fear the answer is no, but am trying to know for sure!

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer,

Tim
  • 1. Re: Is it possible, in any way, to run Oracle OLAP in the cloud?
    RickG Explorer
    Hi Tim -

This forum is for the Oracle Cloud, not Amazon. You would want to contact them about their capabilities. I am not sure if Oracle Managed Cloud Services, formerly Oracle On Demand, could address this need or not, but the Database Cloud definitely cannot.

- Rick Greenwald
  • 2. Re: Is it possible, in any way, to run Oracle OLAP in the cloud?
    705968 Newbie
    Many thanks for your response; I will investigate Managed Cloud Services to see what might be available there. Even having the keywords to search on is a good start, so thank you for this. Part of my problem is I don't really know what other cloud providers might be out there, so I was hoping that perhaps someone with experience in these areas - users and/or vendors - might be able to chip in if they happened to be passing. I am broadly aware of Amazon's cloud (which, at first glance, didn't seem to cover OLAP), but I know there are others even if I don't know exactly where. Fingers crossed that someone else might be able to chip in!

Thx, Tim

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points