6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 1:01 AM by Osama_Mustafa RSS

expdp fails to create .dmp files in NFS mount point in solaris 10,Oracle10g

Dear folks,

I am facing a wierd issue while doing expdp with NFS mount point. Kindly help me on this.
      ===============
      expdp system/manager directory=exp_dumps dumpfile=u2dw.dmp schemas=u2dw
      Export: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production on Wednesday, 31 October, 2012 17:06:04
      Copyright (c) 2003, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.
      Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
      With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
      ORA-39001: invalid argument value
      ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
      ORA-31641: unable to create dump file "/backup_db/dumps/u2dw.dmp"
      ORA-27040: file create error, unable to create file
      SVR4 Error: 122: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
      I have mounted like this:

mount -o hard,rw,noac,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,suid,proto=tcp,vers=3 -F nfs 172.20.2.204:/exthdd /backup_db

NFS=172.20.2.204:/exthdd

given read,write grants to public as well as specific user
        • 1. Re: expdp fails to create .dmp files in NFS mount point in solaris 10,Oracle10g
          sb92075
          782011 wrote:
          Dear folks,

I am facing a wierd issue while doing expdp with NFS mount point. Kindly help me on this.
          ===============
          expdp system/manager directory=exp_dumps dumpfile=u2dw.dmp schemas=u2dw
          Export: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production on Wednesday, 31 October, 2012 17:06:04
          Copyright (c) 2003, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.
          Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
          With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
          ORA-39001: invalid argument value
          ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
          ORA-31641: unable to create dump file "/backup_db/dumps/u2dw.dmp"
          ORA-27040: file create error, unable to create file
          SVR4 Error: 122: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
          OS/Networking mis-configuration that is external to Oracle
          Oracle is the victim; not the culprit.

At OS level can you successfully create any file on/under the NFS mount point?
          • 2. Re: expdp fails to create .dmp files in NFS mount point in solaris 10,Oracle10g
            Hi sb92075,

Thanks for ur reply. pls find the below. I am able to touch the files while exporting log files also creating having the error msg as i showed in previous post.

# su - oracle
            Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.10 Generic January 2005
            You have new mail.
            oracle 201> touch /backup_db/dumps/u2dw.dmp.test
            oracle 202>
            • 3. Re: expdp fails to create .dmp files in NFS mount point in solaris 10,Oracle10g
              sb92075
              782011 wrote:
              Hi sb92075,

Thanks for ur reply. pls find the below. I am able to touch the files while exporting log files also creating having the error msg as i showed in previous post.

# su - oracle
              Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.10 Generic January 2005
              You have new mail.
              oracle 201> touch /backup_db/dumps/u2dw.dmp.test
              oracle 202>
              I contend that Oracle is too dumb to lie & does not mis-report reality

27040, 00000, "file create error, unable to create file"
              // *Cause:  create system call returned an error, unable to create file
              // *Action: verify filename, and permissions                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
              • 4. Re: expdp fails to create .dmp files in NFS mount point in solaris 10,Oracle10g
                okie..

The NFS mount point is an USB external HDD connected to another solaris server. mounted with "mount -f psfs" command. Is this correct one?
                • 5. Re: expdp fails to create .dmp files in NFS mount point in solaris 10,Oracle10g
                  sb92075
                  782011 wrote:
                  okie..

The NFS mount point is an USB external HDD connected to another solaris server. mounted with "mount -f psfs" command. Is this correct one?
                  correct configurations don't throw error during normal operations.
                  • 6. Re: expdp fails to create .dmp files in NFS mount point in solaris 10,Oracle10g
                    Osama_Mustafa
                    Check
                    Errors ORA-39000 ORA-31641 ORA-31641 When Creating A Dump File With DataPump Export (EXPDP) [ID 1357960.1]
                    DataPump Export (EXPDP) Received Error ORA-31641 [ID 1330406.1]