This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
This would appear to be due to a couple of issues:
1) I did not follow the ApEx 4.2 installation instructions regarding APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER and APEX_LISTENER installation. Although I've installed ApEx a hundred times, lesson learned, RTFM.
2) I was using a Glassfish installation from when it was configured for a version 1 listener, so it was set up to use security users in the server realm. I removed these and unchecked "Default Principal to Role Mapping"
3) I removed and then redeployed apex.war and i.war
4) for good measure I reinstalled the adminlistener user
I can now connect to the ApEx listener via SQLDev. I am getting some error message re: UTF-8, as is another user in the forum, but it appears to be informational and is not preventing up/dowload of configuration.