This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 8:37 AM by Earl Lewis Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    828932 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi there,

I have also being testing the Yale CAS Client w CAS 3.4.2 implementing SSO in apex.

It looks like you have some prototype working, and I would be very interested in knowing if you managed it to work.

So far I haven't achieved anything yet.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Sergi
  • 16. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    828932 Newbie
    Hi there,

I have also being testing the Yale CAS Client w CAS 3.4.2 implementing SSO in apex.

It looks like you have some prototype working, and I would be very interested in knowing if you managed it to work.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Sergi
  • 17. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    828932 Newbie
    Hi there,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Sergi
  • 18. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    653407 Newbie
    Hi Jon--Just checking to see if there's an update regarding the write-up and code posting mentioned in your earlier regarding CAS and ApEx. I'd like to implement it for one of the researchers here at Indiana University. Thank-you.
  • 19. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    653407 Newbie
    Jon--I was able get CAS to work with ApEx based on a good portion of the information you supplied in your post. Thank-you.
  • 20. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    Jon Finke Newbie
    I have a document and some PL/SQL that I send to people who ask - I don't want to post it until I actually have it in production here (Our portal project got stalled behind a Bedework release).

Doc is at [http://www.rpi.edu/~finkej/CAS_Authentication.pdf] and the source code (such as it is - you may note that it is NOT checked into RCS yet) is at [http://www.rpi.edu/~finkej/Create_Package_APEX_Cas.sql]

There have been several suggestions for improvements that I have NOT made yet, nor have I looked at the other release mentioned above.
  • 21. Re: CAS implementation with oracle apex
    855361 Newbie
    hi

can anyone suggest me how to do the cas implementation with oracle apex
    kennedy would you please suggest me how to do this

regards
    rs
  • 22. Re: CAS implementation with oracle apex
    Kennedy Newbie
    @RS, we still have not implemented CAS integration with APEX. We just upgraded to APEX 4.0.2 and are planning to trudge up the CAS integration project.

@Jon thanks for the large body of work you've done! Going to take a look at it and see if we can use it to implement integration.
  • 23. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    916604 Newbie
    This thread is quite old, but I was attempting to resurrect it to see if any work has been done since.

I am also attempting to use the Yale CAS client with APEX and am running into an infinite redirect loop between apex and the CAS server. Just wondering if you guys have had any success in getting SSO implemented with APEX?
  • 24. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    patfmnd Newbie
    Hi, 'naalong'
    Since you have been successful, would you be willing to share what you did to get CAS to work with your Apex environment?

Thanks,
    Pat

Edited by: patfmnd on Apr 18, 2012 6:55 AM
  • 25. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    JonathanW Newbie
    Thanks for posting the links to these documents, We're just starting to use APEX 4.2 here and one of my first thoughts was I wonder if I can use CAS for authentication.
  • 26. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    Jon Finke Newbie
    I recently learned that APEX 4.2 changed how custom authentication is done, and my CAS code doesn't work there. We have been using CAS in production here for a number of apps since August, so I guess getting CAS to work under 4.2 will go way up on my project list, as I was hoping to move to 4.2 at the end of the year.
  • 27. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    patfmnd Newbie
    Glad this thread is still going strong. Must be one of the longest running active threads!!

I just posted new thread on Apex 4.2 and CAS, but we may as well continue this one! We are particularly interested in now implementing the new Apex 2.0 Listener which supports OAuth2 as well. We are planning to install that on our Weblogic server used for other Java apps and now for Banner as well. In that environment we have implemented CAS with some java apps but not sure how to do it with the Apex 2.0 listener. I have found a document on Oauth2 and CAS at: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/OAuth+server+support

Not sure how CAS with OAuth2 (web services) will relate to Application user authentication. I assume those are 2 distinct types of authentication? If someone understands all this --please enlighten us!

Hope others post their progress in this 'new adventure'.

Pat
  • 28. Re: CAS and Custom Login
    Earl Lewis Journeyer
    Jon,
    >
    I recently learned that APEX 4.2 changed how custom authentication is done, and my CAS code doesn't work there. We have been using CAS in production here for a number of apps since August, so I guess getting CAS to work under 4.2 will go way up on my project list, as I was hoping to move to 4.2 at the end of the year.
    Have you had any luck looking into the Apex 4.2 authentication handling and getting your CAS authn to work? We're wanting to see if we can make CAS work for our Apex apps and would love to get an update on your findings. Thanks!

Earl
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points