This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 8:14 PM by rp0428 RSS

OCJP 6 - Exam code 1Z0 - 851

938974 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am planning to take the OCJP 6 exam (1Z0 851). I have started preparation for the it, but i was recently informed by one of my friend that the exam pattern is about to change (and will be made more or less same as OCJP 7), i.e. it will include assignments to be completed over a period of time and will not be a just one time examination of 2.5 hours 60 questions as it is now.

I am not completely sure of this and could not find any information about it on oracle site also.

So i just wanted to confirm if this really is the case.

Is the exam pattern changed or going to be changed in recent times?

Please pardon me if I am wrong and do clarify it to me.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: OCJP 6 - Exam code 1Z0 - 851
    887176 Newbie
    Can someone reply on this thread?...
    is it really going to chanegh
  • 2. Re: OCJP 6 - Exam code 1Z0 - 851
    rp0428 Guru
    Welcome to the forum!
    >
    I am planning to take the OCJP 6 exam (1Z0 851). I have started preparation for the it, but i was recently informed by one of my friend that the exam pattern is about to change (and will be made more or less same as OCJP 7), i.e. it will include assignments to be completed over a period of time and will not be a just one time examination of 2.5 hours 60 questions as it is now.

I am not completely sure of this and could not find any information about it on oracle site also.

So i just wanted to confirm if this really is the case.

Is the exam pattern changed or going to be changed in recent times?
    >
    Only Oracle knows when, or if, a certification path might change. If you look at the current path for OCJP6
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=458&get_params=p_track_id:JSE6Prog

It shows only that one exam. If you look at the current path of OCJP7
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=458&get_params=p_track_id:JSE7Prog
    It shows a prerequisite of an becoming an associate (which has its own exam) and then an additional exam to become a professional.

If you review the certifications for other technology you will see that many of them use an associate-professional path. Since Java is getting more and more expansive and complex it certainly would not be surprising to introduce an associate level of certification.

With other disciplines (e.g. DB) when that switch happened an earlier 'professional' would substitute for the new 'associate' and then you needed to take the 'professional' exam.

So if (and that is a big IF) that same pattern was used with OCJP and you passed the exam for 6 you might need to take an additional exam to upgrade it to 7.

But only Oracle would know when, or if, that will happen.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points