I just created virtual machine from Template which converted from Physical Machine to Virtual Machine.
I don't know why it's not appeared after I click OK of Lunch Console but it's shown status running.
- Physical Machine is Window XP on Dell Optiplex 210L (drive C: and D: have 80GB)
- VM Server and VM Manager are installed on Sun Fire X4100M2
After I completed convert I see only 75.1GB on VM Server.
Last time I try with Window 7 and got problem the same.
Please kindly give any idea for this.
Thanks and regards,
okay in the moment there a lot of problems with the VM Console for the virtual machine.
Did you install tight-vnc Package on the VM Manager machine?
Could you start on the Client the Java WS Script File?
Did you install a VNC Viewer on the client?
Which software is installed on the client (Windows 7, Browser Firefox, Chrom, IE ??? and which Java Version 1.6 or 1.7)
Please give me a feedback in which way the "Launch Console" starts while there a lot questions with VNC Console for Virtual Machine.
to be sure about you actual status.
You install the tight-vnc packake on the VM Manager.
Then you startup the ISO image in the newly created virtual machine.
And now by using the "launch console" button you get the output which means you saw the messages?
So actually I don't understand your problem or your question concerning the messages?
Where can I help you?
I will explain my question clearly and what I need help from all of you.
My purpose is I want to convert from Physical Machine to Virtual Machine.
My activities have done as below:
1. Convert Physical Machine to Virtual Machine is done
2. Edit this Virtual Disk Template like editing virtual Disk Template (vm.cfg), network, boot order, ... done
3. Create Virtual Machine form this Template is done
4. Start Virtual Machine and its status shown completed 100% running
5. Click its Lunch Console
6. From Lunch Console, type console password of VM template that put before convert VM,
7. After type password and Click OK button, It's shown nothing although I am waiting so long time (many times for this). The VM console not appears at all, I don't why.....? this point is I need help from you.
Since the action above is not success, I try to test by creating a new virtual machine from ISO image and running it, it's working fine and can view by using VM console.
The java package (version 7) is installed on my PC to view VM Console.
If you have any questions, please kindly let me know for this.
Please kindly give any advice or idea for this.
Thanks and regards,
thanks for the replay.
I was out of the office and so I don't have a chance to connect or restart my VM server.
Actually I can't give you more advices while I can't start the console and you are a step ahead.
I will start again next monday and then I give feedback to you.