I just created virtual machine from Template which converted from Physical Machine to Virtual Machine.
I don't know why it's not appeared after I click OK of Lunch Console but it's shown status running.
- Physical Machine is Window XP on Dell Optiplex 210L (drive C: and D: have 80GB)
- VM Server and VM Manager are installed on Sun Fire X4100M2
After I completed convert I see only 75.1GB on VM Server.
Last time I try with Window 7 and got problem the same.
I will explain my question clearly and what I need help from all of you.
My purpose is I want to convert from Physical Machine to Virtual Machine.
My activities have done as below:
1. Convert Physical Machine to Virtual Machine is done
2. Edit this Virtual Disk Template like editing virtual Disk Template (vm.cfg), network, boot order, ... done
3. Create Virtual Machine form this Template is done
4. Start Virtual Machine and its status shown completed 100% running
5. Click its Lunch Console
6. From Lunch Console, type console password of VM template that put before convert VM,
7. After type password and Click OK button, It's shown nothing although I am waiting so long time (many times for this). The VM console not appears at all, I don't why.....? this point is I need help from you.
Since the action above is not success, I try to test by creating a new virtual machine from ISO image and running it, it's working fine and can view by using VM console.
The java package (version 7) is installed on my PC to view VM Console.
If you have any questions, please kindly let me know for this.