This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 9:22 PM by 976120 RSS

Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard

891446 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi experts,

I am using Oracle business intelligence standard edition one version, I am using Delivers to send Email. I did all the configuration successfully and I am able send the email. But unable to get the "Alerts" anywhere in the dashboard after clicking save in Delivers.

Please help me to how to bring the "Alerts" highlighted in the BI Dashboard.

Regards,
Raj
  • 1. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Make sure you checked for 'Interactive Dashboard' at Destinations tab.

If helps pls mark as correct.
  • 2. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    891446 Newbie
    Already I have checked the "Interactive Dashboard" option when configuring it to send email. User received the email but in my bi dashboard I am not able to see any Alerts highlighted.

Please tell me what else I have to do for Alerts.

Regards,
    Raj
  • 3. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    How about permission on Admin> Previlages > Manage Previlages > delivers make sure it for everyone

Also make sure you have _Delivers folder.

In order to get a list of all the ibots that are sent to you(Interactive Dashboard should be part of your Active Delivery Profile) create a section in your Dashboard and rename that section as _Delivers. That will show all the list of ibots.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 4. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    891446 Newbie
    I have set Everyone permission for the Delivers in Manage privileges options and _delivers folder is also there.
    Also I have added the section in my dashboard and renamed as _delivers.
    I configured all the options as you said and I used this following link to configure the ibots.
    [http://satyaobieesolutions.blogspot.in/2012/08/creating-and-delivering-simple-ibot-in.html]
    Please see this document I did all as the document said, even then I am not able to get "Alerts" next to Welcome Administrator! under the banner. whether I have to enable or open tags in any xml files to bring "Alerts"?

Regards,
    Raj.
  • 5. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Make sure you have in instance config
    <Alerts>
    <Enabled>Yes</Enabled>
    <ScheduleServer>YOURHOSTname</ScheduleServer>
    </Alerts>

Also make sure you have Dashboard at Delivery Profiles in My Account.

If helps pls mark as correct
  • 6. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    891446 Newbie
    Still I didn't get Alerts. I used your tag in instanceconfig.xml file <Enabled>Yes</Enabled> and restarted the all bi services including oc4j. In My Account I have the delivery profile name as Dashboard. I have a doubt, I am saving the ibots in My ibots folder, but why should we give "_Delivers" as named in sections. Actually all the ibots are saved in "_ibots" folder only, this is what I am confused. When I open the catalog folder I could see the delivers folder but no ibots are saved there. This is the folder path "D:\oracle\bise1\bidata\web\catalog\CLIENT\root\users\administrator\delivers" I have only _deliveries.atr file in it. Please guide me regarding this Alerts.
    Regards,
    Raj
  • 7. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Read this guide
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10415_01/doc/bi.1013/b31766.pdf

Appreciate of you mark as correct
  • 8. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    891446 Newbie
    In My Dashboard, under the banner I have these options.
    Welcome, Administrator!     Dashboards - Answers - More Products - Settings - Log Out

What about in your Dashboard, whether that Alerts! will be shown always like this below?
    Welcome, Administrator!     Alerts! - Dashboards - Answers - More Products - Settings - Log Out
    Or else this Alerts! will show only when the ibots are created and saved?
    Please tell me about this.

Regards,
    Raj
  • 9. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Alerts will show only when the ibots are created or saved, and stay there until you clear all alerts.

To see Alerts link you should have >0 on your name.

Hope this helps
  • 10. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    891446 Newbie
    Thanks for your polite and helpful replies..
    I am sorry that I didn't understand your last reply, what do you mean by '>0 on your name'.

Also I have another question, I am using free version of BISE1 whether this might be a problem for not getting the alerts?
    whether the alerts are only available on the licensed version?

Regards,
    Raj
  • 11. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    I mean to say is there should be at least 1 alert to show Alerts link after user name on dashboard.

I dont think its license issue. If it is for personal then you can go for EE right?
  • 12. Re: Unable to get the "Alerts" in the bi dashboard
    976120 Newbie
    Hi,

I think in Standard edition we don't have i-bot option. So please go through the Standard edition document.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points