3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 6:05 PM by doginthesun RSS

Oracle Database 11.2 Pre-Upgrade Information Tool diagnostic_dest

cptkirkh
      Iam going to upgrasde form 10g to 11g and i ran the Oracle Database 11.2 Pre-Upgrade Information Tool and this was one of the issues. DO i change it in the 10g initSID.ora file or after i run the DBUA tool and before my upgraded 11g starts? Thanks

Obsolete/Deprecated Parameters: [Update Oracle Database 11.2 init.ora or spfile]
      --> background_dump_dest 11.1 DEPRECATED replaced by
      "diagnostic_dest"
      --> user_dump_dest 11.1 DEPRECATED replaced by
      "diagnostic_dest"
      --> core_dump_dest 11.1 DEPRECATED replaced by
      "diagnostic_dest"
        • 1. Re: Oracle Database 11.2 Pre-Upgrade Information Tool diagnostic_dest
          Shivananda Rao
          cptkirkh wrote:
          Iam going to upgrasde form 10g to 11g and i ran the Oracle Database 11.2 Pre-Upgrade Information Tool and this was one of the issues. DO i change it in the 10g initSID.ora file or after i run the DBUA tool and before my upgraded 11g starts? Thanks

**********************************************************************
          Obsolete/Deprecated Parameters: [Update Oracle Database 11.2 init.ora or spfile]
          **********************************************************************
          --> background_dump_dest 11.1 DEPRECATED replaced by
          "diagnostic_dest"
          --> user_dump_dest 11.1 DEPRECATED replaced by
          "diagnostic_dest"
          --> core_dump_dest 11.1 DEPRECATED replaced by
          "diagnostic_dest"
          These parameters are deprecated in 11g and you do not have to set these parameters in the 11.2 pfile.
          cptkirkh      

Handle:      cptkirkh
          Status Level:      Newbie
          Total Posts:      73
          Total Questions:      30 (26 unresolved)
          Name      Kirk
          Location      Austin
          Occupation      DBA
          Please consider closing your questions by providing appropriate points and marking them as answered if you feel that they have been answered.
          Please keep the forum clean !!
          • 2. Re: Oracle Database 11.2 Pre-Upgrade Information Tool diagnostic_dest
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            Answer is in the documentation - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e23633/upgrade.htm#CHDFBDCE

HTH
            Srini
            • 3. Re: Oracle Database 11.2 Pre-Upgrade Information Tool diagnostic_dest
              doginthesun
              I did a number of 10g to 11g upgrades. The documentation states to remove deprecated parameters etc.... prior to the upgrade; which is standard best practice. However, I forgot for one database and was pleasantly surprised when DBUA took care of it all for me. Still, best practice is to know what what your parameters are and make sure they are valid and adjusted for the upgrade.