This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 4, 2012 6:53 AM by gimbal2 RSS

EJB timer Warning

868244 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
WARNING: EJB5184:A system exception occurred during an invocation on EJB TimerBean, method: public void com.as.TimerBean.myTimer()
WARNING: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Client's transaction aborted
     at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.useClientTx(BaseContainer.java:4722)
     at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.preInvokeTx(BaseContainer.java:4601)
     at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.preInvoke(BaseContainer.java:1914)
     at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.callEJBTimeout(BaseContainer.java:4055)
     at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBTimerService.deliverTimeout(EJBTimerService.java:1832)
     at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBTimerService.access$100(EJBTimerService.java:108)
     at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBTimerService$TaskExpiredWork.run(EJBTimerService.java:2646)
     at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
How i can solve the issue

Applicaion server is GlassFish
  • 1. Re: EJB timer Warning
    gimbal2 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Find the cause, and fix it. That is not going to be easy and nobody is going to be able to do it for you.

The only thing I can offer is that there are two likely sources:

a) an exception occurred somewhere which caused the transaction to become aborted/rolled back
    b) there was a transaction timeout

Normally I would put my money on a), but if you check the stacktrace I just happen to spot "callEJBTimeout" in there.Perhaps your timer task is doing something that takes too long?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points