I need your expertise. The scenario is, I installed the following prior to BI Publisher:
1. MSSQL Server 2008 R2 EX R1
2. Oracle Weblogic 11gR1 (10.3.5)
3. Oracle JRockit
4. Universal Content Repository (UCM)
5. Download and Paste wsdl4j to Java Folder
6. Primavera P6 EPPM R8.2
Fortunately, they are all successful during the installation including the BI Publisher. However, I cannot find in the documentation on how to integrate BI Publisher into EPPM. Perhaps, I missed something. Can anybody help me to sort this out or can you share some steps on how to do it.
I have read and almost done with the integration of P6 EPPM R8.2 to BI Publisher. However, I came across with this message "No data is available because your P6 user name is not valid for connecting to the reporting database".
Did I miss something? I have the user name from BIP to EPPM in order to match them and I have assigned the Roles & Permission, Run the services. What else?
Can you please help me to sort out this issue. Many thanks in advance.
Thanks for the quick reply. The detailed are listed below:
1. I am using BI Publisher Security Model under Administration --> Security Configuration.
2. I have copy & paste the P6Reports from extracted EPPM. And it is in the BIP Home --> Browse/Manage…--> Catalog Folders
3. I have created a User as pxrptuser as Username & Password, and Assign Roles (e.g. BIP Administrator & P6Reports).
4. I have created a Role under Roles and Permission --> P6Reports, Add Roles (e.g. BIP Administrator & BIP Scheduler), Add Data Sources as P6SSRPT
The only thing I noticed is, when I tried to go to Home --> Catalog Folders, select P6Reports folder and click Permissions under Tasks, click + Add Roles Roles, search -->Move P6Reports --> OK and click OK, and I saw Uploading… then later when finished the process I noticed it Failed.
I think this is one of the reasons, but I am sure. Any helps.
Since, I am new in BI Publisher, may I know how to run a report within BI Publisher using my newly created user name & password?
In BI Publisher, navigate to Catalog and in the list of reports, click on the report to open it. Select the parameter and click apply. Check if that runs successfully and you see any data. This will help validate if your setting within BI Publisher is correct or not.
If the above works then you need to check the settings in P6 Administrator. Make appropriate changes and restart weblogic server.