6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 12:10 PM by foch RSS

WebLogic 11g: Weblogic-Application-Version not taken into account

foch
      Hello,

I'm trying to set up Production Redeployment on my EAR, under WebLogic 10.3.6.
      However, I can't figure out how to make Weblogic-Application-Version work in MANIFEST.MF

Here is my EAR structure:
      MyApplication
      --- APP-INF
      --- --- lib
      --- --- classes
      --- META-INF
      --- --- application.xml
      --- --- weblogic-application.xml
      --- --- MANIFEST.MF <- file I update
      --- WebApp1
      --- --- META-INF
      --- --- --- MANIFEST.MF
      --- --- WEB-INF
      --- --- --- classes
      --- --- --- lib
      --- --- --- web.xml
      --- --- --- weblogic.xml
      --- WebApp2
      --- --- same as WebApp1

MANIFEST.MF content is the following:
      Manifest-Version: 1.0
      Weblogic-Application-Version: VERSION_1

-----

The problem is that it's not taken into account when I deploy the application in the WebLogic console.
      When I use staged mode, the line Weblogic-Application-Version: VERSION_1 is removed from the staged MANIFEST.MF file.
      The only way to manage to version my application is to add the flag -appversion to weblogic.Deployer, but I don't want to use that on a Production environment (and it's not recommended in the documentation!).

Any idea why Weblogic-Application-Version not taken into account? I tried to add debug mode to node weblogic/debug but with no success.

Thanks by advance,
      Julien
        • 1. Re: WebLogic 11g: Weblogic-Application-Version not taken into account
          Hi Julien,

I guess you upload your application from your local desktop to the remote server by using WebLogic Console.

Can you try FTP the application first to the remote server then deploy through console?

I don't know your build and operational requirements. you may also want to open a ticket with Oracle technical support.

Thanks

Lawrence Manickam
          http://toyork.blogspot.ca
          • 2. Re: WebLogic 11g: Weblogic-Application-Version not taken into account
            foch
            Hello Lawrence,
            actually I'm working locally, so I'm deploying the application from my hard drive directly into my local WebLogic installation.
            I also tried to copy the application on a remote 10.3.6 server, and deploy it here, with the same lack of success :(
            Thanks for your time
            Julien
            • 3. Re: WebLogic 11g: Weblogic-Application-Version not taken into account
              Hi Julien,

It should not make a difference. Open a ticket with Oracle tech support and update the thread later if they provide any solution.

Thanks

Lawrence Manickam
              http://toyork.blogspot.ca
              • 4. Re: WebLogic 11g: Weblogic-Application-Version not taken into account
                Mohammed Rayan-Oracle
                I tested it at my end and was able to redeploy it successfully with the application versions.

Are you saying that by deploying through weblogic console,the archive version is not honoring/getting picked up .is that correct?

if yes, what does your weblogic console shows for archive version,when you first try to deploy your application with the VERSION_1.

I mean,when you are on the "Optional Settings" Page.Do you see the Archive Version as VERSION_1?

Deployments >> Click on the Install >> select your application ( MyAPP)>> Install this deployment as an application >> Select deployment targets >> Optional Settngs

Example from the Optional settings Page for My application

What do you want to name this deployment?
                Name: MyAPP     

Archive Version:     
                VERSION_1

This can confirm that the application being deployed is versioned one and if it doesn't shows up,then you need to check why its not getting picked up.?

Moreover,You can enable the "deploy" debug flag to see whats going wrong in your case during the deployment process
                Server > Debug > Weblogic > Deploy

Do refer the below viewlet on the Production Redeployment

http://download.oracle.com/otn_hosted_doc/wls/redeployment/wls-side-by-side-non-annotation_viewlet_swf.html
                • 5. Re: WebLogic 11g: Weblogic-Application-Version not taken into account
                  foch
                  Hello,
                  thanks to your viewlet I downloaded the aussie-tripper application and found what I was doing wrong: I was missing the carriage return at the end of my MANIFEST.MF file!
                  --> insert a picture of me headbanging against my desk here :D
                  Thanks again
                  Regards,
                  Julien