This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 3:39 AM by BOF RSS

DAC 11g Install on Windows 7

956477 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm trying to install the 64-bit DAC on Windows 7, but receive the same checkdir errors that I've seen others post for XP. For example:

checkdir error: cannot create C:/Users/xxxuser/AppData/Local/Temp/OraInstall2012-08-21_10-31-51AM/jdk/
unable to process jdk//COPYRIGHT.

etc.

I've tried the setup.exe in the 64-bit install directory and the Disk1 setup. I have JDK 1.7.0.05 installed and have set JAVA_HOME.

Any suggestions on what else I need to do to install DAC?

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Try to use setup.exe from location
    DAC_V16377-01\dac\Disk1\install\win32

Please mark if helps
  • 2. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    948309 Newbie
    Hi Svee,
    I have the identical problem. I tried running the setup.exe from the win32 directory, and the wizard does start, however, it fails the prerequisite check for the OS and does not allow me to ignore and continue. Running the setup.exe from the win64 directory, or from the Disk1 directory yields the same error as the OP above.
    Thanks!!!
    Eric
  • 3. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    956477 Newbie
    I'm still trying to get this to install, as well. I installed a 32-bit Java JRE, but it still fails with the same error.

A colleague thought I might need a 32-bit Oracle client, but am still waiting for details.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Jennie
  • 4. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    java version of 32 bit or 1.6.0_31 or 1.7.0_03-b05 are successful for me.

Once you install the java make sure you set path for bin and jre for classpath

You can download older version of JDK using link
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u27-oth-JPR
  • 5. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    956477 Newbie
    Thanks for all of your help. I must have my environment variables set incorrectly. Now I'm getting an error on the 32-bit install that: The Java Run Time Environement was not found at bin\javaw.exe.

If you have a chance, would you paste what you set. I've also tried adding JRE_LOCATION, based on other posts. Thanks so much again.
  • 6. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    948309 Newbie
    Jennie,
    You should have your java_home\bin directory in your path. You can check to ensure that this is set right by opening a command prompt and typing java -version. If this fails, or returns the wrong version, your path is not set right. Also, you can set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to the directory where java is installed, ex. c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23. From your error message, though, it sounds like java is not installed where the installer thinks it is?
    Hope that helps!
    Eric
  • 7. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    set this in environment variables
    ex:
    path= C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\bin
    classpath=C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\lib
  • 8. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    956477 Newbie
    Thanks for your help and patience, Eric and Svee. I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing, but here's what I find:

C:\>java -version
    java version "1.6.0_27"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_27-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.2-b06, mixed mode, sharing)

CLASSPATH=C:\Informatica\9.1.0\DataTransformation\api\lib\CM_JavaAPI.jar;.;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\lib
    JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_27
    JRE_LOCATION=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\jre
    Path includes C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin

I appreciate your help!

Jennie
  • 9. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Change the classpath so that to look like
    CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\lib

Rest are good, once you do just try one more time.
  • 10. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    972664 Newbie
    Hi,
    Is your problem still unresolved?
    Try the following:

1. Go to the following installer folder assuming that you have extracted the DAC installer in dac directory:
    dac\Disk1\stage\prereq\win\refhost.xml

2. Add the following section inside the <CERTIFIED_SYSTEMS></CERTIFIED_SYSTEMS> markup. You will see other OPERATING_SYSTEM. Just add the following section as a new one.

<OPERATING_SYSTEM>
    <VERSION VALUE="6.1"/>
    <SERVICE_PACK VALUE="1"/>
    </OPERATING_SYSTEM>

3. THen run the installer.
    It should finish successfully now.

Please let me know if it worked.
  • 11. Re: DAC 11g Install on Windows 7
    BOF Newbie
    We had a similar problem when running the install on Windows 7. We raised an SR and Oracle confirmed that although the installer and pre-requisite check fail (due to Windows7 not being a compatible OS) you can ignore the error and continue as the client IS certified on Wind7 32 and 64 bit.

Regards,
    Bren

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points