This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
You need to take heap dumps and analyze if its due to memory leak or your app requires more heap memory .You can refer the below blogs for more information on the same.
Check out the whitepapers related with GC Tuning and Memory:
Few places needs to be monitored in the application server.
1. Is there any Pattern when the server gets shutdown? Pattern i meant - any specific activity makes the server down
2. What is the Java you are using? Sun or JRockit?
3. May be - you can set up the application with JRockit - and monitor with the JRockit Mission Control or if it is Sun Java, use the JVisual VM for monitoring the JVM usage.
4. You can configure the JProfiler to monitor the JVM.
5. Monitor the Logs - and check for the JVM Settings that are getting applied.
6. Are you starting up the managed server via - nodemanager (weblogic admin console) or Command Line?