This content has been marked as final. Show 15 replies
a)Check whether logs are in sync in both primary database and standby database and then you can shutdown the primary database.
1.when I shut down my production database,any parameter need to fix in production database before shut down? so that logs to be in syncd mode
b)Once it is done you can shutdown standby database but before that cancel MRP process which applies log.
2.How do I cross check logs are in Sync in both ProdServer and DRServer?
3.Befor shutting down the PRDServer,is it necessary to stop all the 3 running instances also?
4.Before shutting down the PRD server,should I need to stop dataguard?
5.After shutting down the PRDServer,is it necessary to shutdown DRServer also? or no need to shut down DRServer?
Also if your issue is resolved you can close this thread as it save time of users looking for open threads
1. There is no need to change any parameter in production database. Once the production database is down the archive will not be moved to the standby database.
2. Before shutting down the database ensure your standby is in sync with production.
3. Yes you need to shutdown the all 3 instance
4. yes you need to stop the dataguard.
5. If you want to change the root pasword of DR server then shut down the standby instance. If not then it is not required.
949632 wrote:crsctl status resource -t
The information was very helpful but I need some more information.My oracle database is in AIX machine.
1.Any command to check the running services and disabled one?
crsctl stat res -t -init
2.How to stop instances in AIX machine?srvctl stop database -d dbuniquename -o immediate
Thanks,Edited by: JohnWatson on Nov 2, 2012 10:36 AM
Sorry! Wrong forum! I thought your question was about RAC services and instances.
1.How to check whether dataguard broker is enabled or not?Any command to check?
2.What is the use of dataguard broker?and how it works?
3.I have to do Auditing at user level trace in production database.what are the pre-requisits for it?
What are the Steps to do user level auditing?
Any idea how much disk utilization after enabling auditing?
Edited by: 949632 on 06-Nov-2012 21:39