This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 5:41 AM by Udo RSS

Regarding APEX Listener Error log

User374988 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We have currently migrated from apex 3.1 to APEX 4.1 and using APEX listener 1.1 and oracle database 11g

In some of the screen for the apex, we are getting APEX ERR -7621 when we press the submit button. This error is a generic error and I am trying to see where the actual oracle errors/exceptions are being logged in. Since we are NOT using apache, but apex listener, I am not sure where to go and look for the error log file ?

Can any one give any pointers where can i find the error log for apex listener ? I am not sure if these errors can be traced to apex listener or some other place.
Any help would be highly appreciated

For information, I have enabled the apex listener configuration file parameters

<entry key="apex.debug.debugger">true</entry>
<entry key="apex.debug.printDebugToScreen">true</entry>
<entry key="apex.error.keepErrorMessages">true</entry>
<entry key="apex.error.maxEntries">50</entry>
  • 1. Re: Regarding APEX Listener Error log
    Udo Guru
    Hello, and welcome to the OTN forums!
    Since we are NOT using apache, but apex listener, I am not sure where to go and look for the error log file ?
    There is the "Status" tab in listenerAdmin which you can also call using listenerStatus directly. Assuming you used the default context to deply your APEX Listener, this would be
    http://yourserver:yourport/apex/listenerAdmin or http://yourserver:yourport/apex/listenerStatus
    For the first one, you'll need a user on your JEE container that has the "Admin" role, for the second one a user that has the "Manager" role.
    If you use the APEX Listener in the so called "Standalone Mode" (i.e., you start it using java -jar apex.war or similar) you where asked to enter the credentials for these two kinds of user at the first start.
    Can any one give any pointers where can i find the error log for apex listener ? I am not sure if these errors can be traced to apex listener or some other place.
    In addition to the Status tab, a good place to search for clues would be APEX Listeners application log file. It depends on your JEE Container and its confguration where this would be. If your APEX Listener runs in "Standalone Mode", this log would be the console output. In other cases, you will usually find it in the servers global log or, if you configured your server or deployment accordingly, in a separate application log file.

-Udo
  • 2. Re: Regarding APEX Listener Error log
    811125 Newbie
    Udo,

Any idea where this would be in weblogic?

I have checked the managed server log, no info.. and there is no log file created in the apex config folder.

I have enabled the debug.debugger option in the defaults.xml file
  • 3. Re: Regarding APEX Listener Error log
    Udo Guru
    APEX Listener doesn't create a separate log file, it always uses the logging facilities offered by the JEE container.
    On your WLS, you might have a domain specific log file or even application specific logging. Check your WLS administration concerning logging configuration to find out what kinds of log your WLS is writing into which location.

-Udo

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points