This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 8:28 AM by gimbal2 RSS

How redirect a page while session time out in different project.

963542 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have two project like frame work and workflow. In frame work project has login page. In workflow project page have got session time out ,I want to redirect to framework project login page. Both project have separate war file. Please Help me.

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: How redirect a page while session time out in different project.
    maheshguruswamy Journeyer
    960539 wrote:
    Hi,

I have two project like frame work and workflow. In frame work project has login page. In workflow project page have got session time out ,I want to redirect to framework project login page. Both project have separate war file. Please Help me.

Thanks in advance.
    Just define a HttpSessionListener in your workflow project. Use the sessionDestroyed method to trap the session timeout and then issue a redirect to your framework projects login page.
  • 2. Re: How redirect a page while session time out in different project.
    gimbal2 Guru
    maheshguruswamy wrote:
    Just define a HttpSessionListener in your workflow project. Use the sessionDestroyed method to trap the session timeout and then issue a redirect to your framework projects login page.
    But the session timeout happens in the background. How does one redirect a client which is not even connected at that point?

Its more the other way around - keep something in the session and use a filter to check if that "thing" is still there. If not the session timed out, at which point the filter should redirect.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points