We have installed Informatica 9.1 Hotfix 2 on Linux. We have installed Informatica PowerCenter Client Tools on Windows 7 (32 bit).
We are installing the DAC on Windows 7 and have hit a couple of problems....
1. The certification matrix says: "Oracle Data Warehouse Administration Console Client - Microsoft Windows - Windows 7 (32 bit) Windows 7 (64 bit)" - however when we run the installer it fails the O/S checks? I have seen a couple of posts about hacking the "refhost.xml" to include settings for Windows 7 - but that can't be right if it's certified... can it?
2. The install also (as usual) requests the location for Informatica Powercenter 8.x (even though it's 9.1 we have installed on the client and 9.1 on the server which is Linux) - again we have a problem. We haven't installed 9.1 Server on this Windows machine as it isn't a supported combination - so how can the DAC Client be certified on Win7 if Informatica Server isn't and can't be installed?
Is the Windows7 certification for DAC Client a documentation bug???
Any help appreciated.
We tried the following:
1. DAC_V16377-01\dac\Disk1\install\win32 - it still fails at the O/S check (error message below)
*! Checking operating system certification* Expected result One of 5.1,5.2,6.0 Actual Result: 6.1 Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<
2. We tried the DAC that is now bundled with Informatica Powercenter (V30858-01 - a two part zip) - which locates tha DAC here <UNZIP_DIRECTORY\dac\Disk1\install\win32> - but we get the same error as noted above.
3. We tried the "setup.exe" at the root of the Disk1 folder but again we get the same problem.
Copy Your bifoundation,jdk Floders From Server And Paste it In Local Machine.
In your local Machine Create 2 Floder And Paste it like this
you can Start client this location C:\orahome\10gR3_1\bifoundation\dac
Pls mark as correct/helpful