This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 9:21 AM by AndrewMacNamara RSS

No handler for system event CustomHourlyEvent has been registered

957751 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have written a scheduled event to trigger on daily basis using CustomDaily event mentioned in the ScheduledEvent component. I have referred HowToComponents in order to write this filter. But I am getting following error in my logs and my scheduled event is not getting executed.

<!-- IDCLOG: Error: (8/23/12 12:01 PM) !csScheduledEventUnhandled,CustomHourlyEvent!$stack trace -->
<tr><td>Error</td><td>8/23/12 12:01 PM</td><td>No handler for system event CustomHourlyEvent has been registered. stack trace [ <a href="javascript:if(typeof show!='undefined')show('0.31115227955456604')">Details</a> ]
<div id="0.31115227955456604" style="display:none;" class="details"><pre><code>An error has occurred. The stack trace below shows more information.

!csScheduledEventUnhandled,CustomHourlyEvent!$stack trace
!$stack trace
at intradoc.common.IdcLogWriter.doMessageAppend(IdcLogWriter.java:85)
at intradoc.common.Log.addMessage(Log.java:279)
at intradoc.common.DefaultReportHandler.message(DefaultReportHandler.java:508)
at intradoc.common.DefaultReportDelegator.message(DefaultReportDelegator.java:140)
at intradoc.common.Report.messageInternal(Report.java:172)
at intradoc.common.Report.message(Report.java:145)
at intradoc.common.Report.error(Report.java:408)
at intradoc.server.ScheduledSystemEvents.processWork(ScheduledSystemEvents.java:600)
at intradoc.server.ScheduledSystemEvents.run(ScheduledSystemEvents.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
</code></pre></div></td></tr>

Please let me know if anybody has countered the same problem while writing ScheduledEvent filter.
  • 1. Re: No handler for system event CustomHourlyEvent has been registered
    Jonathan Hult Pro
    What does your filter code look like?

Jonathan
    http://jonathanhult.com
  • 2. Re: No handler for system event CustomHourlyEvent has been registered
    764906 Newbie
    I didn't ask the original question, but am having the same issue.

I have filter code that is attempting to check in documents that have been saved to a local directory. Right now I'm attempting to run the code every 5 minutes just to make sure it works. Eventually we'll want it to run once a week. The only service I am calling from the code is CHECKIN_NEW.

So, basically, the filter is spinning up the process to retrieve XML files from a news feed and save them to the local server. For each file I call a separate method that runs the CHECKIN_NEW service.

Every hour I see the "No handler for..." message. Do I need a handler because I'm calling CHECKIN_NEW?
  • 3. Re: No handler for system event CustomHourlyEvent has been registered
    AndrewMacNamara Newbie
    I was able to solve this issue by updating the state of the event. HowToComponents - ScheduledEvent has the following method:

/**
    * Update the state of the event. Must be done at least once to tell the content server
    * when the scehduled event is finished.
    */
    protected void update(String action, String msg, Workspace workspace) throws ServiceException, DataException
    {
         long curTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
         ScheduledSystemEvents sse = IdcSystemLoader.getOrCreateScheduledSystemEvents(workspace);
         sse.updateEventState(action, msg, curTime);
    }

Making a call to update() when my scheduled event ran solved the issue for me.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points