1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 12:21 AM by 972910 RSS

Primavera P6 Rel7 - Installation of Standalone on Windows 8 Pro

Hi All

I have installed Windows 8 Pro on my computer and have not been able to install a standalone version of P6. I have a server DB in the office which works very well on Windows 8 but when I travel to sites we do not have access to networks and can not use P6 unless it is standalone.

Is there a work around or more information about this problem?

Regards
      Lance
        • 1. Re: Primavera P6 Rel7 - Installation of Standalone on Windows 8 Pro
          I have completed some adjustments to my system and have been able to install SQL local on Windows 8.

Here is the process I used to get .Net Services to Install.

With Windows 8 SQL/Oracle does not activate due to .Net services are not enabled.

Fix for .Net Services:

Insert Win8 DVD/CD
          (With a tablet PC use an ISO image and mount with an CD Drive Emulator such as Demon Tools)
          Right Click on Start Menu
          Select Run
          Type in cmd (command prompt) and press enter
          C:\Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<drive>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
          (Where <drive> is located insert the CDROM Drive e.g. D:)
          Press Enter.
          Wait until progress bar reaches 100%.

But after finishing this I am able to test the data base via ODBC and it works with out a problem but when I try to activate it from P6 a bad username and password error is thrown up.

P6 Error:
          Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user 'pubuser'.
          Cannot open database "pmdb$prod" requested by the login. The login failed. ;

ODBC Test has returned Successfully using the same settings.

Regards

Lance