we have the setup of Weblogic server instance with 4 managed servers and one Admin Server. we did all the required settings for memory heaps size. still the instances are shutting down automatically due to outof memory issue in weblogic 10.3.6.
Causes i Found below for this is
1. it might be because of the garbage collection is not deleting the unused files automatically.
2. it may be bcause of the memory parameters are not properly set in all the files like (setDomainEnv,setDomainAdminEnv and in Enterprise ManagerConsole also set the properties like autorestart and autokilliffailed property to true for every managed server).
3. all the MBean properties were setup under Configuration MBean category in EM Console (is it correct).
Can you please, suggest anybody to resolve this issue.
-> can anybody suggest me how to Garbage Collection work automatically.
Edited by: 933019 on Nov 5, 2012 11:33 AM
You need to take heap dumps and analyze if its due to memory leak or your app requires more heap memory .You can refer the below blogs for more information on the same.
Check out the whitepapers related with GC Tuning and Memory:
Few places needs to be monitored in the application server.
1. Is there any Pattern when the server gets shutdown? Pattern i meant - any specific activity makes the server down
2. What is the Java you are using? Sun or JRockit?
3. May be - you can set up the application with JRockit - and monitor with the JRockit Mission Control or if it is Sun Java, use the JVisual VM for monitoring the JVM usage.
4. You can configure the JProfiler to monitor the JVM.
5. Monitor the Logs - and check for the JVM Settings that are getting applied.
6. Are you starting up the managed server via - nodemanager (weblogic admin console) or Command Line?
I hope you have server logs with you.
I appreciate if you can put them here.
As you also mentioned me that server instance is also getting terminated then check whether you have any hs_errpid file or not.
I will take a look and let you know.