3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 8:21 PM by huiyu RSS

Is there a way to do version control for OpenScript?

huiyu
      Hi,

I dont see Openscript IDE directly offers version control capability. Is there any other way that we can use to achieve version control (e.g. seeking the alternative through third-party software/plugins) so that we whole team can concurrently work on the same copy of script and do check-in/out like in SVN?

Thanks,
      Helen
        • 1. Re: Is there a way to do version control for OpenScript?
          Installing Eclipse Subversion Client
          From WebWiki
          Jump to: navigation, search
          Introduction
          The OpenScript IDE is based on the Eclipse framework, therefore users can install any Eclipse plugin into OpenScript. This includes the Eclipse Subversion client plugin to perform Subversion operations from within OpenScript. Installation instructions below are based on the following Subclipse website:

http://subclipse.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=p4wYuA

Installation Instructions
          1. Launch OpenScript and click on View > Developer Perspective.

2. Go to Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections > Select "Manual Proxy Configuration". Enter your HTTP proxy & port settings depending on your region (i.e. "myproxy" port "80" for US) and check "Use this proxy server for SSL".

3. Go to Help > Software Updates > Find and Install. Select "Search for new features to install" and click Next.

4. Click on the "New Remote Site" button.

5. Add the following site and click OK.

Name: Subclipse 1.6.x (Eclipse 3.2+)
          URL: http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.6.x

6. The new site added should now be part of the search list and should be checked by default. If not, select the site and uncheck others, and click Finish.

7. In the Search Results window, expand Subclipse 1.6.x (Eclipse 3.2+) > Subclipse. Select the following checkboxes and click Next.

Subversion Client Adapter (Required) 1.6.12
          Subclipse (Required) 1.6.18

8. Accept the license agreement and click Next.

9. Review the installation location and click Finish.

10. Click on "Install All" within the Verification window.

11. Click Yes to restart OpenScript.

12. Uncheck "Report usage of Subclipse to Subclipse team" and click OK.

13. While still in the Developer perspective, click on Window > Open Perspective > Other. Highlight "SVN Repository Exploring" and click OK.

14. You can also verify the Subversion plugin has been successfully installed by clicking on Help > About OpenScript and clicking on the Subclipse icon.

Edited by: Jean-Baptiste on Nov 7, 2012 6:26 AM
          • 2. Re: Is there a way to do version control for OpenScript?
            IHodgetts
            I need to look into this myself at some point, but isn't there just a way of pointing SVN at the scripts/repositories directories or is the real problem "booking in/out" of scripts?

Presumably you'd have to book out in SVN, edit in OpenSript, then book back into SVN? I haven't actually used it myself but will be paying particular interest to this thread.
            • 3. Re: Is there a way to do version control for OpenScript?
              huiyu
              Hi Jean-Baptiste and IHodgetts,

Thank you so much for the proposed solutions, which are really helpful to our projects.

Best Regards,
              Helen