This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 4:07 AM by Lombo RSS

BIAPPS how can we manually set both ETL start date and end date?

894257 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dears experts,
how can we manually set both ETL start date and end date while conducting incremental load IN DAC?
Please advise me.
thanks,
Joe.

& Engineering Lombo, told to me
You can set those dates in the DAC system parameters tab. You should see lots of $$xxxxxx parameters.
--=================================
but can you please give me more clarifications.
Thanks
  • 1. Re: BIAPPS how can we manually set both ETL start date and end date?
    Ahsan Shah Expert
    for incremental loads, you can use the PRUNE DAYS setting that basically allows you to designate a time frame to capture transactional activity. For instance, you can run INCREMENTAL loads daily but if you set PRUNE DAYS to 5, it will extract 5 days worth of incremental activity. You can set PRUNE DAYS in the DAC for your execution plan. Research PRUNE DAYS in the OBIA documentation

Not sure what you mean by setting the END DATES. For certain OBIA areas (HRMS, eg) you can assign a END DATE in the DAC as well for the future snapshots.

If helpful, pls mark as correct
  • 2. Re: BIAPPS how can we manually set both ETL start date and end date?
    Lombo Journeyer
    DAC > Design > Source System Parameters
    look for: $$LAST_EXTRACT_DATE and $$INITIAL_EXTRACT_DATE

Those are the dates for the extraction process. First load is FULL... following loads are Incremental (from the last full load)

Also you should check as pointed out the PRUNE days which allows to get some 'old data'. Check the doc for full description.

Antonio
    BExpert, Brazil

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points