We are planning to upgrade our database from oracle 10g to oracle 11g. We are using this database in every phase/layer of end to end solution for our BI reporting, starting from
1. staging data (to capture the core data)
2. datawarehouse (in the form of start and snowflake schemas)
3. metadata repository for BODS
4. BO web intelligence reports
Could you please let me know, the checkpoints I need to keep in mind post this upgradation?
Pl identify exact versions (to 4 digits) of "10g" and "11g". To directly upgrade to 11gR2, 10.2.0.2 is the minimum required version
Post-upgrade steps are documented - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e23633/afterup.htm
Thanks Iordan and Srini for your prompt help.
And apology for the missing information.
The compatibility and other requried checks have already been checked and confirmed. And all the necessary checks will be done by DBA only. Here, I am just looking for the checklist which I need to take care from the BI developer/tester/user point of view. like
1. checklist for DWH post this upgradation.
2. checklist for BODS post this upgradation.
3. checklist for Universe/web intelligence server post this upgradation
4. checklist for all other stuff which directly or indirectly link with any BI solution.
Or it seems like I raised the request to the wrong forum. Please help.
After you perform a test upgrade to 11gR2, your application team needs to perform tests on the upgraded database to ensure that the upgrade has not caused any issues.