5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 3:43 PM by 966848 RSS

CI get doesn't return any data even though it exists

I just created a new CI and seems like when testing it using the CI tester via Application Designer, the "Get" method doesn't seem to function appropriately. I'm able to "find" keys appropriately but when I "get" a certain key, or try to "get" it with specific criteria, there is no data returned. It is like the Get sees the data there, but defaults everything. Is there something I need to do to have the "Get" method hydrate the record data appropriately? BTW, this is the standard "Get" method created when I defined the new CI.
        • 1. Re: CI get doesn't return any data even though it exists
          HakanBiroglu
          Does the component return data when you go through the search page with the same user and with the keys you supply when you are testing the component interface?

Also check if the component resides in several menus which can override the search record. This is also a property on the CI properties in Application Designer.
          • 2. Re: CI get doesn't return any data even though it exists
            I don't really know what you're describing but let me describe mine in more detail and maybe you'll understand the problem.

1) I created a new component that has one page definition-- TL_PRD_RPT_TIME. This component is strictly used for interfacing and nothing more.
            2) For the component properties (use tab), the access search record is set to TL_RPTD_ELPTIME. The add search record, detail page and force search processing are empty. Under actions, only the Add and Update/Display are checked. For 3-tier execution, both component build and save are set to Default (application server).
            3) I created a new component interface that uses this component and has all the standard methods checked.
            4) so far I can find properly, and I can create "somewhat" properly. For create, the record seems to be inserted ok into the TL_RPTD_ELPTIME table but the response I get back from a create seems to be "empty"-- like the GET issues I'm having.

Now, knowing the above, what do I need to do to get the GET method to return the data? Thanks.
            • 3. Re: CI get doesn't return any data even though it exists
              HakanBiroglu
              Did you add the component interface methods to a permission list?
              PeopleTools 8.52: Security Administration > Setting Up Permission Lists > Setting Component Interface Permissions
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28394_01/pt852pbh1/eng/psbooks/tsec/book.htm?File=tsec/htm/tsec04.htm#H4026
              • 4. Re: CI get doesn't return any data even though it exists
                I'm actually using an older version-- PT 8.43.10 and HRMS 8.80.01.000. However, I set up the CI to have full access to everything which is associated to the EOEC9000 permission list. This permission list is associated to a custom role, whose only member is the user I'm using to test the CI.
                • 5. Re: CI get doesn't return any data even though it exists
                  Ok, looks like the table I want that contains the data is one level underneath in the properties for the CI. So if you're looking at the CI from Application Designer, it looks something like this:

->CI
                  ----->FINDKEYS
                  ------------>[some property keys]
                  ----->CREATEKEYS
                  ----->GETKEYS
                  ----->PROPERTIES
                  ------------>TL_RPTD_ELPTIME
                  ------------------------>[the properties that I want coming up empty]
                  ----->METHODS

Could it be because the table is another level that it is not returning data?