This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 8:58 AM by RaviJegga RSS

user assignment problem.

kasiraju.rudraraju Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I had created users and groups in weblogic console.I want to assign the data to different users and groups either statically or dynamically.But in jdev will not showing the users and groups to assign the data[only weblogic,defaultly showing the user].can you please help me any one....
  • 1. Re: user assignment problem.
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi
    1. Since you posted in BPM Forums, I am assuming this is a BPM application. Now, I hope you have a SOA/BPM Weblogic Domain and this is where you created extra groups and roles in addition to default weblogic. Now, this is totally different domain and nothing to do with the JDeveloper Integrated Domain. The weblogic domain that comes with Jdeveloper will NOT have any SOA/BPM stuff. So if you created users in this domain, its of no use. Now if you already have soa domain and created users in that. In Jdev make sure you create a new application server connection to this soa domain and use this domain to get list of users/groups etc.

Let me know if you have any External AD Provider configured for your soa domain. This is totally different story. Means, bpm can work only with top most first security provider configured. So you had to choose which one to use and move it to up to first position.

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga
  • 2. Re: user assignment problem.
    kasiraju.rudraraju Newbie
    ThankQ ravi. But I am new for Oracle BPM Techno.So can share any videos or guided Screen shorts.My requirement is we can assign data to the users in jdev.But it will showing defaultly weblogic,but i want to assign the data to more users[like jcooper,jimmi,jony, etc].
  • 3. Re: user assignment problem.
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi Kasi
    It helps if you give more details in the very first post itself. Since you mentioned jcooper like that, I got a hint. I am guessing you are trying to run some samples where these users are mentioned. Well first you need to deploy one EAR in your soa domain and run one url to create all these users in your default embedded ldap of soa domain. The below post has details for this. The first post has link also from where to download this.

Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    Re: New to BPM: How to get the tasks in the Workspace
    Re: Seed Demo Community Failes

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points