1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 9:39 AM by veejai24 RSS

unable to access Database through DBAdapater

Hi All,

I am using Dbadapter in my SOA Composite application and trying to access that through invoke activity.

I am getting errors in both Jdeveloper and in SOA infra environment (http://localhost:8001/soa-infra).I am unable to proceed with my work.

1) Error in Jdeveloper:

When I click on Dbadapter and it is giving below error stacktrace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
           at oracle.tip.adapter.db.ox.AttributeHolder.toString(AttributeHolder.java:82)
           at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2826)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException.illegalArgumentWhileSettingValueThruMethodAcc

essor(DescriptorException.java:691)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.MethodAttributeAccessor.setAttributeValueInObject(Metho

dAttributeAccessor.java:248)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.MethodAttributeAccessor.setAttributeValueInObject(Metho

dAttributeAccessor.java:201)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.oxm.mappings.XMLDirectMapping.setAttributeValueInObject(XMLDirectMapping.jav

a:386)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.DatabaseMapping.readFromRowIntoObject(DatabaseMapping.java:1284)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.ObjectBuilder.buildAttributesIntoObject(ObjectBuilder.j

ava:342)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.XMLObjectBuilder.buildAttributesIntoObject(XMLObjectBuilder.jav

a:376)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.XMLObjectBuilder.buildObject(XMLObjectBuilder.java:286)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.oxm.mappings.XMLCompositeObjectMapping.buildCompositeObject(XMLCompositeObje

ctMapping.java:435)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.oxm.mappings.XMLCompositeObjectMapping.valueFromRow(XMLCompositeObjectMappin

g.java:540)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.oxm.mappings.XMLCompositeObjectMapping.readFromRowIntoObject(XMLCompositeObj

ectMapping.java:464)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.ObjectBuilder.buildAttributesIntoObject(ObjectBuilder.j

ava:342)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.XMLObjectBuilder.buildAttributesIntoObject(XMLObjectBuilder.jav

a:376)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.XMLObjectBuilder.buildObject(XMLObjectBuilder.java:286)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.DOMUnmarshaller.xmlToObject(DOMUnmarshaller.java:427)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.DOMUnmarshaller.xmlToObject(DOMUnmarshaller.java:354)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.DOMUnmarshaller.unmarshal(DOMUnmarshaller.java:208)
           at org.eclipse.persistence.oxm.XMLUnmarshaller.unmarshal(XMLUnmarshaller.java:476)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.factories.XMLProjectReader.readObjectPersistenceRuntimeFormat(XMLPr

ojectReader.java:287)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.factories.XMLProjectReader.read(XMLProjectReader.java:180)
           at

org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.factories.XMLProjectReader.read(XMLProjectReader.java:236)
           at

oracle.tip.tools.ide.adapters.designtime.adapter.xr.XRAdapterUtil.readTopLinkProjectFiles(XRAdapterU

til.java:492)
           at

oracle.tip.tools.ide.adapters.designtime.adapter.xr.XRAdapterSelectTablesPage.<init>(XRAdapterSelect

TablesPage.java:122)
           at

oracle.tip.tools.ide.adapters.designtime.adapter.xr.XRAdapterOperationPage$ReAddPagesRunnable.run(XR

AdapterOperationPage.java:844)
           at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:178)
           at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:1046)
           at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Dialog.java:1098)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1096)
           at java.awt.Component.show(Component.java:1563)
           at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Component.java:1515)
           at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Window.java:842)
           at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Dialog.java:986)
           at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardDialog.runDialog(WizardDialog.java:382)
           at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardDialog.runDialog(WizardDialog.java:298)
           at

oracle.tip.tools.ide.adapters.designtime.adapter.techAdapterWizard.display(techAdapterWizard.java:36

2) Error with testing in soa-infra environment :

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><env:Header/><env:Body><env:Fault><faultcode>env:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Exception occured when binding was invoked.
      Exception occured during invocation of JCA binding: "JCA Binding execute of Reference operation 'insert' failed due to: Could not create/access the TopLink Session.
      This session is used to connect to the datastore.
      Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException.
      You may need to configure the connection settings in the deployment descriptor (i.e. DbAdapter.rar#META-INF/weblogic-ra.xml) and restart the server. This exception is considered not retriable, likely due to a modelling mistake.
      ".
      The invoked JCA adapter raised a resource exception.
      Please examine the above error message carefully to determine a resolution.
      </faultstring><faultactor/><detail><exception>null</exception></detail></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>

I am giving proper values for JNDI name in weblogic-ra.xml.

What I observed is We have a connectionfacatory configuration in ra.xml which is "oracle.tip.adapter.db.ManagaedConnectionfactory".

Is there any link with this connectionfactory to the errors that I am getting.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance