2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 12:56 PM by JasonBatzlaff RSS

Is it possible to programatically drill to detail for an instance

User325952
      Hi Gurus,
      In my BOM I have Container model item at the top and an instantiable BOM model item underneath it. All the user entered UI elements are for the instatiable model. Through a CX rule I automatically add an instance for the BOM Model to the container. Is it possible to drill to detail via a cx rule for the newly created instance so that user goes directly to the UI of the BOM Model.

Thanks in advance
      Arun
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to programatically drill to detail for an instance
          Eogan
          Arun --

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do navigation from within a Configurator Extension.

Eogan
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to programatically drill to detail for an instance
            JasonBatzlaff
            Is it possible to have the user click a button to instantiate the model instead? You can have a button that does "Instantiate and Navigate" in the same operation. At a prior client, we could potentially instantiate one of 8 lower-level models. In our UI, we create 8 different buttons. Each of these buttons were added to either a Content Switcher or UI Display Condition (either should work). When the user made a selection from within the model, only ONE of the EIGHT buttons appeared. Each button had the same caption. From the user perspective, it appears that only a single button is ever selected. In reality, the UI is switching between the eight.

If your scenario is that the lower level model is instantiated immediately, is it possible to use a Page Include region? It has been a bit since I used this UI element, so it is possible that it is not applicable to "optionally instantiable" models (I do know that Page Include Region works for Single Mandatory Instances). In this case, you can directly reference the UI for the lower-level model within your top-level model.

Thanks,
            Jason