This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2012 12:59 AM by CKPT RSS

Lost datafile on Standby Oracle 10g

972755 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all.
i have lost one datafile on my standby ,how to recover it ,this file is created when primary database is in noarchive mode (before i set up the data guard) ,so i can't use alter database create datafile statement bocz i dont have all the archive log to recover it ,
plz help me out to solve this ..
  • 1. Re: Lost datafile on Standby Oracle 10g
    JohnWatson Guru
    Backup the file on the primary, restore to the standby, recover.
  • 2. Re: Lost datafile on Standby Oracle 10g
    CKPT Guru
    969752 wrote:
    Hi all.
    i have lost one datafile on my standby ,how to recover it ,this file is created when primary database is in noarchive mode (before i set up the data guard) ,so i can't use alter database create datafile statement bocz i dont have all the archive log to recover it ,
    plz help me out to solve this ..
    What is the version you are using?
    Even though your primary database is in noarchive log mode before configuring data guard, still its not a problem. Follow high level steps as below

1) Take missing datafile on primary using RMAN (or) you can use tablespace backup with traditional method
    2) copy that datafile from primary to standby system
    3) Ensure you have properly set for DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT(bounce required), and set standby_file_management to manual
    4) take the dummy file and rename with the new file(step 2) by using alter database create command
    5) later change standby_file_managment to auto & start MRP

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points