This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 2:21 AM by rukbat RSS

Time Difference in received email.

973685 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
My Java application is using Oracle API to send email using the company SMPT server.
When the email is sent to employees of a particular company (they are using company email server) , email is delivered instantly but the received time is showing 4 hours difference that is minus 4 hours.

If anyone have faced this similar issue or any information on what is causing the time difference can provide me some information will be appreciated.

Please let me know if you need more information.

System Time          Actual Time Sent                      From                                    To                                                                      Received Time in the email
when application
* is accessed.*
1:00:00 PM EST      1:00:00 PM EST Application      User ,to his company mail      9:00 AM
1:00:00 PM EST      1:00:00 PM EST      Application      Myself ,same as the application mail server      1:00 PM
1:00:00 PM EST      1:00:00 PM EST      Application      my personal Gmail account     1:00 PM
1:00:00 PM EST      1:00:00 PM EST      Gmail     User ,Different than the application mail server      1:00 PM
  • 1. Re: Time Difference in received email.
    jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias Expert
    user10982140 wrote:
    My Java application is using Oracle API to send email using the company SMPT server.
    When the email is sent to employees of a particular company (they are using company email server) ,
    So you send email to one (or more) group of people with no problem but with one single different group of people they have a different experience?
    If anyone have faced this similar issue
    My experience would be that given that the answer to the above is yes then the question has nothing to do with java - nor your code.
    It has something to do with their server/environment.

You could get a SMTP email client and use it to send an email to them. You should strive to do the following
    1. Make sure the client is not written in java.
    2. Test it from your company using the same SMTP server you use above.
    3. Test it from somewhere else using a different SMTP server.
  • 2. Re: Time Difference in received email.
    973685 Newbie
    Yes , The code is not in java and it is noting to with java code.I posted it in this forum because I thought I can bring my issue to this group and Java programmers are all rounders .:-)

I have tried different email like gmail and do not see any issue .
    I am trying to find out is there any set up which is making the difference either in my application email server or in the users email server.
    It must be something to do with SMTP or POP3 setting .

Edited by: user10982140 on Nov 11, 2012 4:52 PM
  • 3. Re: Time Difference in received email.
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    user10982140 wrote:
    Yes , The code is not in java and it is noting to with java code.
    I posted it in this forum because I thought I can bring my issue to this group and Java programmers are all rounders .:-)
    They may be "all rounders" but this forum is not.

Thread locked because it is off-topic.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points